The last time the kids saw Grandma was at Christmas and the last time they saw Papa was in March when he came to stay on his way home from a Texas Trip. It had been WAY WAY too long!! I don't think we've ever gone that long without seeing them -- EVER!!! You can imagine the kids excitement (and Papa and Grandmas's for that matter) for the big day of their arrival to come. Since school had already started for Spence and Annie, Garett, Logan and I got to go pick them up at the airport. Garett was soooooo excited! He was antsie all the way to the airport! Right when Logan saw them he got a huge smile on his face and warmed right up! It was so funny because he started calling both Papa and Granmda "Gramma". He was so confused- the poor kid! We thought he'd get it straightened out by the time they left but nope, he didn't. Papa was Gramma and Grandma was Gramma!

Anyway, we got home from the airport just before the kids were dropped off at the bus stop. We walked down to the bus stop to meet them!! It was so funny. Annie flew off the bus and landed right in Papa's arms!! Spencer was not far behind and jumped into Grandmas!

We had such a nice time having them here. We went out to dinners, played outside, went to the Youth Dance Festival (Gramma, Annie and I with Annie's friend Maddy), shopped, watched movies...all the stuff we love to do! Most of all we just enjoyed being together!
(I don't know where Garett was for this picture! Probably off riding his bike somewhere!)
We love you and miss you Papa and Grandma! We can't wait for you to come back!!
6 comments:
Sounds like you had fun!
Way cute! You can tell Gramma and Gramma were excited too!
lol! I love Heather's comment. What a fun visit. I didn't know it had been that long since your kids saw Gramma. That's tragic! How funny is it that Logan said Gramma but not Papa since the latter is so much easier to say. You have a brilliant baby I guess.
By the way, the picture of Annie hugging Papa made me a little "vaclemped." How tender.
So cute, I love Greg and Marjane (is that how you spell it?) For some reason, that smile of Greg's totally reminds me of Sunday's when I was a kid! They are such great people, you are very lucky to have them as your in-laws!!!
I can assure you that Papa and "Gamma" had a blast! We so love and miss our Denver kids. I especially love it when Annie and Spencer get into bed with us early in the morning. I am so glad that Families Are Forever!!
Papa
Post a Comment