Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Amber-dillous


We were ever so surprised when we got to Nana's and there was Amber, waiting to surprise us. She had actually fallen asleep since we got in so late but there was a sign on her door that said "Super prise"!! Totally cute! It was so fun to have here there with us! My kids LOVED having her there. They played non stop from sun up to sun down, giggling almost every moment! I can't believe how grown up Amber is getting. Since we don't get to see them as much as we used I notice the changes now even more. She is now 10 years old and starting to realize she is "almost" a grown up. Her hair is long and beautiful, she has quite a little sense of fashion, and much like the rest of us Millers, knows exactly what she wants!



I was most proud of her for being so brave by trying to water ski (almost getting up) and after the initial freak out this is scary continued to try it on and off through the day on the boat. Nope, she didn't ever get up all the way, but she got full points for fighting through her fears of being out in the water trying over and over to stand up on those skiis.



One of the days I tried to take her and Annie horseback riding. Amber LOVES horses and had been asking all week to go. FInally on Thursday afternoon we called out to Fairmont and their last ride had just gone out but they had ponies you could lead around while the kids rode. Annie, Amber and I jumped in the truck and raced down there. As we walked up the lady looked at Amber and in a thick German Accent said "Oh no, the little girl is to tall for the pony". Poor Amber. She was so dissappointed, but she did lead the pony around while Annie rode! Thankfully, Granddad saved the day and on Saturday back in Cochrane, took the girls as well as Spencer out to Griffin Valley Ranch for a trail ride. Amber was most pleased! (I'll post those pictures when my dad sends them)



Anyway, it was fun to spend our vacation with our little Amberdillous! We love you Amber! Thanks for a fun vacation!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Dear Auntie marilee- I had a lot of fun with you guys. I would have been bored out of my mind if you hadn't come. I love you and thanks for making my vacation the best!
Love- Amberdillous

Nicole said...

This is really Nicole now- thakns for making her trip so fun! She loves you all TONS!!!!! great pictures!

Julie said...

Amber's so cute. I'm glad you guys had fun!