
I think my husband may be the absolute Coolest dad in the World (at least for this week). Thursday afternoon about 5:30 Spencer calls Adam at work. The conversation goes like this
Spencer- Dad, can you take me to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 tonight?
Adam- Spence, I'd love to but it doesn't come out until tomorrow.
Spencer-I know, but there are theaters that are showing it tonight at Midnight -since midnight is really tomorrow they are allowed to.
Adam- That sounds cool. Go ask mom.
(Great, pull me into this)
So to make a long story short, We bought the tickets online and Adam took Spencer and Annie to see the 12:15 showing of Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest. We put the kids to bed at 7:00, Adam went to bed at 8:00 and then I woke them up at 11:30. I thought that never in a million years would they be able to stay awake through the entire 2 1/2 hour movie. I was wrong!! They came home at 3:30 in the morning completely pumped up! The show had been playing in 12 theaters and every one was completely SOLD OUT! The patrons you ask?? ALL TEENAGERS except my little 8 and 6 year children!! Crazy, Crazy!!! But what a night! They had a BLAST and LOVED every second of the movie. They can't wait for the third Pirates to come out next Memorial Day! They said next time its my turn to take them to the MIDNIGHT show!!! Ahhhhhh!!
2 comments:
So fun! I'm glad that they went. I would love to go, especially after all the hype about it at Disneyland!
What a great guy. Hopefully for Pirates 3 we'll live there and Adam and TJ can take the kids to the midnight showing and we can have a sleepover. :-)
Post a Comment