Much to Adam's liking all 4 of the kids are picking up the game and LOVING it!! They beg us to take them to the driving range or the course all the time! We are quite the picture of what NOT to do when we all go to the local range here. Annie and G talking loud, Logan sqealing to get out of his stroller so he can walk up to other golfers and say hello! Truely quite hilarious! After our last evening at the range we decided that the "family" activity may need to be post poned a few years until Logan is a little older.

Anyway, being as it is, the kids still are learning to play and are getting quite good at it! Yesturday, Spencer had his first chip in from 20 yards from the hole! He threw his hands in the air, dropped his club and had a look of pure joy on his face. He didn't know but behind him there were some people out on their balcony watching. They all started to cheer and clap, so Spencer turned and tipped his hat to them. Totally cute!!-- a vision of his future????

Annie is also starting to pick up the game and getting better all the time. The thing she was most excited about yesturday was wearing her new golf shoes - yes she does take after her mother! She has a natural little swing and Adam has hopes of her playing at BYU on a Golf Scholarship. Ironically after talking about the possibility, we ran into the commissioner of the WAC while waiting in the rain shelter. He said that for girls to get scholarships they need to be scoring in the 80's. Well, now we have something to "shoot" for!

Adam is still LIVING for Golf and goes out whenever he has the time! After a brief flirtation scoring in the 70's earlier this season, he is back to the mid 80's and never feels like he is as good as he should be. I think he secretly dreams of being on the tour (much like Garett secretly dreams of being Harry Potter, Spiderman and Superman). But, his love for the game will always keep the dream alive.
And then there is me.... Honestly, I LOVE this game! It took me years of therapy to admit that, but when guys come off from a round of 18 and can't wait to get out there for another and their wives don't understand it, I have to say, I get it! I have been taking lessons this year and am now hitting the ball straight 75% of the time, the distance is a different story. My score is actually a true score, not a pick up the ball and give myself a 7 score, but an actual tally of how many times my club hits it! If I could only experience the joys of a consistent two putt (and occasionally a one putt) my score will start to show how much fun I'm having with my honey out on the course.
3 comments:
How fun it that, I know that Jeff and I would love to put our kids in to Golf as well. I want to start taking lessons so I can go with my mom, You guys look good out there!
How cute! I can't believe Annie is out there with you. Brooks is getting so she wants to go to the range with Steve. If we bought her a pink golf bag she would be totally sold!
Well Miss Marilee Anne, I do believe that we must get out on the course when you are in town next. Hey, maybe we should have a totaly guilt-free gals golf weekend...with of course spa included!!!
Post a Comment