Friday, June 18, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake!!!

In March our Ward had a Silent Auction fund raiser to raise money for the Young Men and Young Women programs. There were tables set up with the yummiest desserts I’ve ever seen on them, as well as services the youth were offering. Families could bid on desserts or services by signing a piece of paper with the amount they would pay for the item. There were a few desserts that our family had our eyes on and in the end I think we got THE BEST one there! It was a DELECTABLE Chocolate Cake. It looked so good that it was hard not to stick our fingers in and start eating it in the car on the way home from the church. As soon as we got home though we grabbed some forks, sat around the kitchen table and DUG IN!! No plates or anything. We ate it straight from the pan! And it was TO DIE FOR!!!

   DSC_0734 DSC_0737DSC_0735DSC_0736

I won’t tell you that the cake cost us $40!!!! :-)

2 comments:

Annie said...

That cake was delicious!!!

Julie said...

Wow!!!! That does look good. I don't know that it looks $40 good, but good nonetheless. At least the $$$$ was a charitable donation!!!!!