Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Friends

 P1070057

(Photo: Frannie, Me, Kristi) -I’ve always been so blessed to be surrounded by AMAZING friends! One of the reasons I have had such a difficult time leaving Colorado is because of the remarkable, loyal, kind, hilarious, inspiring friends I left behind! Words cannot describe the physical heartache I’ve felt (and still feel sometimes) from leaving my friends in Colorado.

Though words can’t ever adequately express how hard that has been for me, I know I couldn’t have made it through the worst days with out the friends I have here in California. Many of you know that we actually moved back to the same neighborhood where we lived before moving to Colorado. We’re actually only about 2 blocks away from our old house. Anyway, the heartache has been eased because we came back to an area we knew and to friends we’ve stayed close to for the 7 1/2 years we’ve been gone. My California BFF is Julie, who I always refer to as FRANNIE (long story but there are a lot of Julie’s in my family and years ago we came up with the nickname so people in my family know which Julie I’m talking about.) I met Julie when Adam and I moved here in 2001 from the Valley. We were in the same ward, we both were pregnant with our 3rd child and we instantly became life long friends! She is like a sister to me and has been there for me for many years! Living close to her again has been so much fun! She and her friends have been so helpful and welcoming and on some occasions have been my angels. Like the day my car was broken into…Julie and her friend Kristi (now my friend too) showed up, took my kids to school, took Avery and Logan with them so I could deal with the car issues! And like the day we moved into our house, they took my kids to their homes so they could be out of the way and so Avery could take her nap. Like the day I was in Orange County on my girls trip and Garett needed a ride home…the list goes on of all the ways that Julie, Kristi, and another friend, Kerri, have been there for me and my family these past few months!

In mid May I invited the three of them to join me for a little mini getaway to use up some Marriott points out in Palm Springs. Kerri couldn’t come because of a family wedding but Julie, Kristi and I had a great time shopping, eating, laying at the pool, going to movies, staying up late and sleeping in late! It was a much needed vacation and I’m so grateful to my friends who joined me for some down time and have started some new wonderful memories for me here!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It is so nice to keep up with you guys. Glad that you are all doing well too!

We got to meet Adam's uncle on temple square last week. My kids were excited to shake his hand. It was very sweet! I think he was taking someone to see the new model of the temple.

Have a good summer!