Saturday, June 19, 2010

It’s GREAT to be EIGHT!!

1aDSC_0060

The countdown began about a month before his birthday. Every morning when we’d gather for scriptures and prayer, G would tell us how many days until his birthday. I’ve never seen a kid more excited about having a birthday than G is. Every year is the same with a month long countdown and then the ear to ear grin ALL DAY LONG on the the actual day!

This year is a special birthday for G as he will be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Due to some scheduling conflicts, he has to wait until July to be baptized. He was very disappointed that it couldn’t be sooner, but I told him that just makes his birthday last longer. Once all is said and done, he’ll celebrate in May (actual birthday), June (friend party) and July (baptism). That cheered him up pretty quickly!

I can’t believe he is 8! He is such a special and important part of our family and I’m so grateful I get to be his mom! Here are a few things I love about Garett:

-He is the BEST snuggler in the world!

-He doesn’t have a single mean bone in his body!

-He has a GREAT sense of humor and always keeps us laughing!

-He is always the kid who is “happy to be here”!

-He has a great attitude about pretty much everything!

-He LOVES his brothers and sisters so much!

-Whenever there is a “disagreement” with one of his siblings, he is usually the peacemaker.

-He has the best belly laugh I’ve ever heard, ever!  

-He’s very well rounded. He loves sports, games, legos, riding his bike, swimming, playing with friends or by himself, listening to music, playing video games and more!

-He worked so hard in school this year to get caught up to the California standards and never complained once about going to his tutor or doing his homework!

-He has lots of friends and even more “girlfriends” – much to his dismay…the girls think they are his girlfriends but he doesn’t think they are at all!!!

-He’s just simply a sweet, happy, easy to be around, funny, enjoyable kid!

LOVE YOU G!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, G-man!!!

Julie said...

You forgot to mention that he's a pirate! That's the most important thing!!!!! LOVE YOU G-MAN!!!!!!!!!