A few weeks ago we FINALLY had a Garage Sale! One side of our garage has been packed with stuff from Colorado that we should have gotten rid of when we still lived there. We finally had time to go through it all and pull it out onto the driveway in an effort to get rid of it!
Since I’ve posted about my LOVE of GARAGE SALES before, most of you know that I LOVE me a Garage Sale! There is something about pulling out my trash and viewing with new eyes $ $! And then to see who sees it with the same value I once saw in it too! Anyway, our new city has an ordinance that Garage Sales can only be on the 2nd Saturday of the month! SAY WHAT????? Are you kidding? What about Thursday? What about Friday?…No no no, only one Saturday a month! So, with that in mind, I posted signs with arrows to find our house and the start time of 6:00am. When my alarm went off I wasn’t tired at all. I was excited! I jumped out of bed, threw on my clothes, gently nudged my sleeping hubby and asked him to come help me set out stuff and headed outside! I couldn’t believe what a great day it was and how sunny it already was. It was going to be a great Garage Sale day! As I started pulling stuff out a man drove up ready to browse. “Wow, this guy wants a jump start, can’t even wait til six”! As soon as the thought passed through my mind Adam came outside and announced that the actual time was 6:40 and I had done something wrong when I set the alarm. I OVERSLEPT!!!! I was so bummed that I had missed the first 40 PRIME minutes of my garage sale! Dang it! Thankfully things picked up after about a half hour and soon Adam had to go to the store to get more dollar bills for change! When he got back he told me that our main sign had been taken down or lost or blown off. OUCH!! Another problem. When the kids woke up and came to see what was going on, they decided they wanted to help. With their little minds working together, they decided to dress Logan up in his former Halloween costume and send him dow the street with a sign pointing to our house. At first i was a little hesitant but soon gave in and sent them off! I’m so glad I let them go! Business picked up drastically and people were telling us how cute our kids were down on the corner! One lady even paid Logan for his hard work! Annie had the camera and brought it back to show us what was going on!
Shake that Barney tail!
4 comments:
Way, Way, Way too funny! That kid is such a crack up! I love it.
that is totally hilarious -
Too cute!!! Love that it's Barney!!!
That is too funny! What a great idea the kids had!!!! And good for Logan for being so willing to stand in a plush costume in the hot sun!
Post a Comment