Today was Logan's First Day of Preschool! I can't believe he is old enough to go! I also can't believe I am going to have 2 mornings a week with no kids at home! YAHOO!!! For me! So this morning when we woke up Logan wanted to get dressed right away! He could hardly stand the excitement! He picked out his outfit from his "New School Clothes" drawers and even picked out his "New School Falip Falops" for his shoes! As soon as his clothes were on he wanted to wear his Spiderman backpack too! We didn't have to leave for an hour but he insisted! It was so cute!Finally it was time to go to school and off we went! As we walked into my friend/Logan's teacher, Tanya's house (her basement is a preschool room!) Tanya showed Logan where to put his shoes and then where his backpack goes! After her explanation of where everthing goes she said "Logan will you put your backpack right here with the other ones?" Logan didn't say anything but looked at her with this very unsure and confused look on his face! Then he looked at me with the same expression! "uh oh", I thought, "here it comes, the meltdown. He's gonna freak about not being able to wear his backpack". So in an effort to ward of the meltdown, I quickly explained that if he leaves his backpack there, he'll be able to put all his school work in it and bring it home to show me. Again, the unsure, confused look from me to Tanya! Tanya tried again to gently coax him to put his backpack in its place when finally, he looked at her, slowly leaned into her and quietly asked "Where is my backpack?". It was hilarious! He was so excited about all that was going on around him that he forgot his backpack was on his back. I'm sure through our explanations he was thinking, "I'd be happy to put my backpack down, if I had one, duh!!!" Once we told him it was on his back, he giggled, quickly took it off, put it in its place and ran off to play! Whew!!


He had a great day and can't wait for Thursday to come!
He had a great day and can't wait for Thursday to come!
This is Logan with Miss Tanya! Tanya is also one of my best friends here in CO! We workout a ton together and our husbands and kids are great friends too! I'm so excited to have Logan in her class!
8 comments:
He is way to little to go to school! I love the backpack thing, he is sooo funny! I love him!
That is a funny story Marilee! VERY CUTE! I need to be better at writing down little stories like that before I forget them.
That is so hilarious! I'm glad that things went so well. I might be a disaster on Madison's first day of preschool.
Hey Marilee....very cute. This is Tamara's sister (BTW) Love you blog, I laughed and cryed when I saw the picture of Peter's drive in....ooohh how we miss that.
ooh, did we ever just have the same day. so cute you just wanna squeeze'm till their cheeks pop!
I love Logan. He looks so excited! And of course the backpack thing is too cute.
Could he be any more adorable? Can't believe he is already in preschool. He is so lucky to have Tanya. Friendship bias aside, you couldn't find a better preschool teacher.
Post a Comment