Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kindergarden (Garett), 2nd Grade (Annie), 4th Grade (Spencer), Old Lady (Me)

Today was my kids first day of school! I know, I know! There is something wrong with starting school in the summertime! I didn't ever start before Labor Day but since the kids are out at the end of May, I really don't mind them going back early!Anyway, the kids were so excited for school and all woke up, did jobs and got dressed without me having to ask! I sure wish that would last a little longer than just the first day. One can always hope! After getting ready we all headed off to the bus stop. All three of them insisted on riding the bus the first day but I wanted to be sure to capture some pictures of Garett going into school so after they boarded the bus, Logan and I raced over to the school to meet them! It worked out great and I was able to say goodbye and give G and big hug before he headed into the school. I surprised myself by not crying, which I totally thought I would! He was so excited, I just couldn't be sad! After Kindergarden was finished I headed over to pick him up! He was so cute coming out looking all grown up! All my worries left me as I saw how much fun he had! As we walked to the car he gave me a detailed play by play of everything they did! Circle time, put backpacks in cubbies ("I'm cubby #4"), table assignments, PE, "The Kissing Hand" story time, recess and snack time, made their own kissing hand, centers ("do you know what centers are mom?"), clean up and line up to go home. He loved every minute of it!!

Spencer and Annie were so cute to watch as they took good care of Garett getting off and on the bus! They are both old pros and did a great job getting to their classes with out so much as a glance over at me!

Just as a side note, when we went in on Monday to meet their teachers, Spencer's teacher showed me his CSAP scores from last school year! CSAP's are state wide exams that kids take starting in 3rd grade! They are pretty intense! Spence's scores were all in the "Acceptional" category and in two sections they were off the charts! We are so proud of you Spence! Way to go!

So now with all my kids in school, I've got lists and lists of things I'd like to get done around the house! I'm determined to do them and will even blog about each task as I do it. Maybe I'll even do some before and after pics! Tomorrow my first task, organize my office. It is such a disaster! Wish me luck!

Logan insisted on being in a picture with the kids. He was so funny as they were getting ready. He kept saying, "Mom, I'm going to school with them.". I kept saying, "No you'll go to your school tomorrow.". Then he'd say, "No mom, I'm going to school with them. Mom, can I go to school with them? Mom, say yes! Say yes mom!". Too bad for him that I'm the boss!


Garett getting on the bus for the first time!


Garett spotting me as he walked out of the school at the end of the day!
G with his little friend Haylee. They have known eachother since they were babies and are in the same class. Her mom, Jen, is the friend I did the Avon Walk with! We are so excited they are together this year!
Garett and his teacher! She is soooo nice! Doesn't she just look like a kindergarden teacher?
Me and G

7 comments:

Julie said...

G's teacher totally looks like a Kindergarten teacher. How funny! I'm glad they had a good time and yes, there is something wrong with starting school in the summer. But before we know it it will be FREEZING!!!! BTW--I love Annie's bangs pulled back. She looks adorable. And of course Spence is studly in his glasses.

Heather said...

I agree that G's teacher totally looks like a kindergarten teacher! He is so cute and I can't believe that he and Nannie are sooooo big to go to school. Where does the time go? Spencer looks so studious in his glasses and Miss Annie is such a doll. Give them all hugs and kisses from this Auntie!!!!

shannon said...

good job on all the blogging! i totally need to get on the ball and how fun that you'll have a few hours to yourself a week!

Louise said...

can we just put bricks on their heads, no more growing up already!

Lindsay said...

G looked so cute in all his pics, you can tell he was totally excited and happy! Good job not crying, I don't think I'll be succesful with that. Annie looked so pretty and Spence looks so mature in his glasses!

Stacey Salmon said...

hey Mar, this is Nena, ya I finally got a new post up.. I got the dress at H&M, it was the Madonna dress, I love it. all the kids back in school I see, we start in two weeks, no kids at home for me, ya hooo!

Tamara said...

What is it about a new school year that makes kids seem to grow up overnight? In a matter of days, they seem like they've changed so much! I see your kids all the time and they just suddenly seem so grown up - Especially G! Kindergarten - yikes!

They are all so adorable!