Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm a "Lady" Again!!

One of the best things about being a mom is hearing all the funny little things our kids say. Seriously, some days I wish I could just climb inside their little heads and hear what is going on in there. Monday was certainly one of those days with Logan. I swear that kid thinks he's going on 30 and knows everything about everything half the time and other times he is the sweetest, most adorable little "almost 3 year" old who ever lived.

So Monday is my new cleaning day. I am COMMITTED to devoting every Monday to cleaning my house and doing the laundry. Since I was pregnant with Logan I've had housekeepers come every other week and on the off weeks I just do a little touching up but nothing major. We decided to try to cut back on some expenditures and I offered to give up my housekeepers. I'm actually quite excited about it because I feel like I'm getting back "in touch" with my house. Lots of reorganizing has gone on the past two Monday Cleaning Days! Anyway, on the days the housekeepers come I tell the kids that we need to be up and dressed before the "ladies" come. I hate saying cleaning ladies or maids so it has turned into calling them "the ladies".

Well Monday morning was my 2nd week in a row to clean the house and as I was scrubbing my shower (and talking on the phone with Julie:-) Logan walked into my room and said "Mommy, what are you doing?", I answered "Cleaning the house" and he said, with the most surprised and excited sounding voice, "Mom, you are a LADY again!!" Oh my gosh, it was sooooo funny! So now I've learned that to be a "real Lady", at least in Logan's eyes, you must clean your own house!!!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Love that kid!

Heather said...

I love that Logan! And by the way, it isn't that I didn't like you bridesmaid dress, it is just a little out dated now and I don't have it anymore besides!

Kacey said...

That is VERY funny (and cute!) Marilee. Guess I'm a "lady" today too since I'm actually getting around to cleaning my house ...for some reason it seems to get much dirtier much faster since I've started blogging and reading the Twilight series. Hmmmm...

Heather said...

Steve says you must have been a man before! HeeHee!

Lindsay said...

That is such a great story! Logan is such a kick in the pants!

Proud Momma said...

that is hilarious! I love that...that makes me feel better as I clean my own house...I too have given up the cleaning ladies for now!

Lynne said...

Marilee, That is the funniest!! I laughed and laughed!! Cute kids!
Lynne