The evening of the festival came and the kids and I headed off to hear Annie sing (Adam was working in Fort Collins that day and couldn't be there). The boys, Avery and I picked up some dinner on our way and parked ourselves amongst all the families who had come to enjoy the music too! All the choirs sounded fabulous but I have to say our schools ROCKED IT!!! Our choir was HUGE with over 100 students in it! Our choir director/music teacher is so great! Definiately a step up from Mrs. Shepard and Mrs. Braun, my teachers when I was in Elementary school. The best part is, Mrs M doesn't walk around doing silly clapping patterns that you have to repeat back to her EXACTLY! (that's what my teachers used to do during assemblies- someday one of my siblings or I will have demo it for you :-)
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Choir Festival!
At the kids' school, 4th grade is the first year you can be in the school choir and Annie could hardly wait to start rehersals! Starting at the beginning of September she had early morning choir practice two times a week in preparation for the first annual HS Feeder Choir Festival. All the elementary schools that feed into the HS we'll go to were invited to the festival which was held in a local park! Annie was so excited!
Annie is in that group somewhere!
The evening of the festival came and the kids and I headed off to hear Annie sing (Adam was working in Fort Collins that day and couldn't be there). The boys, Avery and I picked up some dinner on our way and parked ourselves amongst all the families who had come to enjoy the music too! All the choirs sounded fabulous but I have to say our schools ROCKED IT!!! Our choir was HUGE with over 100 students in it! Our choir director/music teacher is so great! Definiately a step up from Mrs. Shepard and Mrs. Braun, my teachers when I was in Elementary school. The best part is, Mrs M doesn't walk around doing silly clapping patterns that you have to repeat back to her EXACTLY! (that's what my teachers used to do during assemblies- someday one of my siblings or I will have demo it for you :-)
Garett and his two best buddies Carter and Colby (yes they are twins!)
Annie and her friend Emma
Cute boys!
The evening of the festival came and the kids and I headed off to hear Annie sing (Adam was working in Fort Collins that day and couldn't be there). The boys, Avery and I picked up some dinner on our way and parked ourselves amongst all the families who had come to enjoy the music too! All the choirs sounded fabulous but I have to say our schools ROCKED IT!!! Our choir was HUGE with over 100 students in it! Our choir director/music teacher is so great! Definiately a step up from Mrs. Shepard and Mrs. Braun, my teachers when I was in Elementary school. The best part is, Mrs M doesn't walk around doing silly clapping patterns that you have to repeat back to her EXACTLY! (that's what my teachers used to do during assemblies- someday one of my siblings or I will have demo it for you :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yeah, Mrs. Buchan was my choir teacher. she rocked and we got to sing as the olympic flame was run into Calgary! What a fun for Annie though. I had no idea she was interested in choir! A girl after my own heart!
Haha, Marilee so funny. Mrs. Shephard what the worst. Fun for Annie!
Post a Comment