Annie and Spencer have been taking Piano lessons since we first got our Piano. After Annie's first year, I decided the sheer misery we were both experiencing with trying to get her to practice was just too much for us both and I let her "take a break". A year later she begged me to let her start again with the understanding that if she complains and wants to quit, she'll never get to play another instrument (ie/ the guitar) EVER!! It hasn't been easy but she has pushed through and figured out that once she learns the song, playing the piano is quite fun. Now I can hardly keep her off the piano (almost to the point that its driving me crazy :-).
Spencer, on the other hand has been a little piano prodigy since day one. He LOVES it and practices, without help, all the time. He's been playing "The Entertainer" which has been cracking me up because my brother used to play that song when we were growing up and to hear my own son play it has taken me back in time. Spence is a very good piano player and continues to get better all the time.
A few weeks ago the kids had their Spring Recital. Unfortunately I was silly and forgot to charge the battery so I didn't get each song in its entirety (is that a word?) but you get the idea.
Spence and Annie, we're so proud of you both for all of your hard work and for being so talented. Good job! We Love You!

No comments:
Post a Comment