Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Dog Ate My Homework....

Really! She did!! Not kidding! Can't you see that guilty, sheepish "I know I did something naughty" look in here eye?


We all laugh at that saying and I'm sure teachers roll their eyes at it when they hear it, but this week we learned, all to well, that that excuse is a very real and very legitimate reason to not turn in your homework.

Monday after school Garett came home and diligently finished his homework without any help from me or Papa or Grandma! He did a great job! He even put it away in his backpack so he wouldn't forget to take it to school the next day. Then, without warning, we hear some tearing, and nibbling and look for the source of the noise. Nestled under a pillow on the couch is Lucy, with Garett's finished homework clenched in her teeth. She had jumped up to where Garett's unzipped backpack was hanging and got hold of the homework page! Annie pryed it away from her and we went to work trying to find every piece so we could somehow salvage the wreakage. We were somewhat successful in putting it back together but a note had to be included with the work explaining that yes indeed, "The Dog Ate My Homework!"


After finding the pieces and taping it back together!

The back view shows how bad it really was!

Garett started out a little panicked but then when he saw all of us laughing, he had a good laugh himself. I don't think he'll forget to zip up his backpack again anytime soon!


"I hope my teacher isn't mad!"

5 comments:

Julie said...

that is hilarious!!!!!!!

Amy said...

As a former teacher...."Yeah, right!" JK That's pretty good...lol!! At least you had the proof all taped up! How did G's teacher respond??

jensenfamily said...

that's seriously funny.

Brecken said...

no way! that is super funny...and one more reason why I won't be getting a "Lucy". Hope you're having fun with your sister!

Lisa said...

Too funny!!!