We haven't had any snow all winter long and as Spring begins many people have commented how we are so lucky to have had such a mild winter, and now its spring. Well, I haven't lived in Colorado long, but I have lived here long enough to know that we won't be getting out of Winter that easily. A few weeks ago, with my kids being on Spring Break, my suspicion was correct and Winter finally found us. It started out pretty mild, but turned hazardous quickly. The city shut down, Adam came home from work at noon and we enjoyed a nice, fun day indoors drinking hot chocolate, playing games and watching movies. To be honest, I LOVE lazy winter days like that!
When we woke up the morning of the storm, it looked like this!

A few hours later it looked like this.

About 3 or 4 hours into the storm our back deck looked like this. Lucy LOVED carving paths through the snow.

Eventually, Adam had to shovel a path from our door, across the deck, and down the stairs to the backyard so Lucy could go "out" and so our deck wouldn't collapse from the weight of the snow!
I love a man dressed in "Shpida" (AKA Spider) gear! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment