Monday, March 03, 2008

February Update

It's been a while since I've posted an update on the kids. As usual we've had a busy month. It started with a visit from Mindy and McRae when they came out for Marla's funeral. Mindy lived here when Lynette first told us about Marla's diagnoses. She really wanted to be here to support Lynette. The service was a really nice service and tribute to Marla. It was also very sad as she left 3 children and her husband behind. It was nice to have Min there to sit with and I know it meant a lot to Lynette to have Mindy there.
With Mindy in town for the funeral, we did find some time to have some fun. She brought McRae with her and the kids had a blast playing and hanging out with other friends. One day we went downtown to check out Adam's new office and took the kids to eat at the ESPN zone which they LOVED!!! We also had a girls night out with Erin, Brecken, Neeley and Tamara. We missed Tanya as she was at her daughters State Swim Meet.

(have to say that I don't LOVE this picture! Not the most flattering but oh well!)
February is the middle of basketball season for Annie and Spencer. They are both doing great this season....both undefeated! Annie is playing on the same team as last year, a 3rd grade team, and as a 2nd grader is certainly holding her own. She is a great little ball handler and has scored at least one hoop at each game.

It's been especially fun to watch Spencer's team as they are now playing all the rules (no more travelling allowed---thank goodness!). They've pretty much dominated the league and have easily beat all their opposition. They did have one game that came down to the last few minutes but ended up making some great plays and winning. The boys are all talented little players but the credit needs to go to their coach! He's done a great job teaching them the game. I'm in awe at how patient he is with them. He was out of town one week and asked me to run practice for him. It was fun to go back to my "coaching" days but definitely a reminder of how much there is to teach these youngsters! Patience is a must when teaching 9 and 10 year old boys how to play a 2-3 zone defense :-)

The last week has been a bit sad for us as our dear neighbors, The Osmers, moved to California. Veronica has been such a great friend to me and her girls have been good friends to my kids. Annie and Sloane will miss eachother so much but the one I feel saddest for is Logan. Little Chloe and him have been joint at the hip for the past few months. They LOVE to play together and boss eachother around. They are hilarious! We'll miss them so much! Thankfully they moved to California, just a few miles from Papa and Grandma, so we'll be able to see them when we visit!!


The other morning I got home from working out at the gym and found all the kids snuggled into our bed! They were so cozy and cute! I had to take a picture!

So, that's all for now. The kids don't have school today and I'm gonna try to be a "fun" mom today. Maybe the pool or the movies...we'll see....

12 comments:

Jeni said...

I cant wait till my kids are old enough for basketball teams. You guys are just the cutest family!

tiffany garfield said...

They're growing up so fast! I miss them! They're the cutest kids! It's so sad that the Osmers moved and please let Lynette know that she's in my prayers. I'm so excited for the girls trip! It's been a while since I've seen everyone. Well, have a great month and keep in touch. By the way I love you new bedding! Love you, Twink

Tamara said...

so funny reading twink's post b/c I was going to comment on your bedding, too. I haven't seen it in real life and it looks so cute!

we have such gorgeous friends. you could have photoshopped me out of the girls pic and pretended I was out of town. I think it's a great picture of you - even the back of your hair looks fabulous.:)

your kids look like little superstar athletes. it must be so fun to help coach sometimes and have such a great knowledge (and skills) of the sport.

Brecken said...

Tamara's right...it's a good picture of you...not so hot of me! there's a mix of surprise and confusion..not a great combo.
Your kids are so cute in your bed. I love it when little things like that just happen. It 's a perfect photo op you don't have to make happen. (which are the best kind.)

Julie said...

Thanks for the update. How fun! I like your new bedding and good job to Annie and Spencer and their sucessful basketballing. I didn't know that V would be so close to MJ and G. Just what you need though...more people to visit in So. Cal. : )

McKenna said...

Not to be repetative or anything, but I would have to agree that you have the cutest family. I really admire you! And of course; Annie is so awesome. I bet she would school me in game of basketball.

Louise said...

Hi Mar, I just barely updated- it's been forever for me! I enjoyed your update! Your kids are so fun- it's sad to say good bye to good friends. I love your new "choco" bedding too! I have a major Chocolate fetish at my house ( the color of chocolate and the real deal) :-)

Proud Momma said...

I love how Annie plays basketball with her hair down...I wish I could be that glamorous!

Lindsay said...

You guys are always busy doing fun stuff! I think that you are always the fun mom. So I can't even imagine what you're like when you're actually trying to be a fun mom! Cute pics of all the kiddos!

Nicole said...

I wish I could see them play- it's funny to me that our kids are playing such different sports! I guess you play what is popular by you and what your parents like- I'd rather be at the baseball field than in the basketball gym anyday! Funny! Can't wait to see you and Annie-kins!

Lisa said...

Good to get the update Marilee, but sad about your friend. Sounds like she has a lot of support from great friends. Looks like you are busy and having fun too. Keep posting.

Lacey Evanson Stewart said...

HELLO!! Well your kids are adorable! I joined the blogging world! We are still trying to figure out when Jessie can come back for a weekend, I will let you know! my blog is, stewandlacey.blogspot.com and jessie started one at almost jeep.blogspot.com

Lacey