Monday, March 31, 2008

Spring is on its way....we hope!


Last week Mother Nature tricked us into believing that Spring was finally here! We had about 3 or 4 days in a row of 70 degree weather but no sooner had we pulled out shorts and t-shirts that the cold weather returned :-(. Thankfully we took advantage of the warm days we had and spent a lot of time outside! Tuesday Garett and Logan were begging to go on a bike ride so I walked while they rode. There is a new path by our house that leads to the field where they just started building a new park! We went all along the path, around through another neighborhood and then back home to our house! They both rode the entire way! They LOVE their bikes which I'm happy about! We'll be able to go on some fun bike rides this summer and hopefully, with a little luck have to endure a very little amount of whining!
In one of the pictures you can see the dirt where they are building the new park! I can't wait for the park to be finished! It's close enough that the older kids can walk or ride their bikes over there by themselves! It will be so nice to have so close!
Spencer was at piano lessons while we were on our ride but we met up with Annie who was out riding with friends for a few photo opps! When we got home Spencer was just getting their too so I was able to snap a few shots of him!
Logan really wanted to ride the scooter but we couldn't find it so he reluctantly rode his bike. After about a 1/2 block he forgot all about the scooter and peddled himself during our entire outing!
I couldn't get any pictures of Garett on his bike because he was always so far ahead of me! The kid is a future Lance Armstrong. We can hardly get him off the thing on warm days! He is so pleased with himself for having a bike with hand breaks and gears!
Annie is all smiles whenever she rides her bike!

Spencer is in need of a new helmet as evidenced by his strap not being done up and the padding sticking out above his ear!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hate the tricky spring weather! I am dying for nice warm weather once again!

Julie said...

Spring weather is so tricky! We were tricked here...that's for sure. That's awesome that Logan can ride his bike so well. Brady still can't pedal to save his life. Maybe this year.