Monday, March 31, 2008

GIRLS WEEKEND TRIP

This past weekend Annie and I were able to go to Southern California to see my little 4 month old niece for the first time. We left the boys at home and had a wonderful time just us girls! Annie and I laughed ourselves silly taking funny pictures of eachother! They didn't really even turn out to be that funny!





We left on Thursday night and met up with Nana and Granddad who had flown in for the weekend also. We stayed with them at their house in Santa Margarita, which we hadn't done since they bought the house! On our way to their house from the airport we stopped at Ryan and Nicole's so we could see little Gracie!! What a little angel!!! She is so adorable and the happiest baby I have ever seen. She smiles just by looking at her!

Friday morning came quickly and we headed off for a fun day of shopping! We were able to meet up with Veronica and Sloane, our neighbors who moved to So. Cal. about 3 weeks ago! Annie and Sloane are best little friends (along with our other neighbor, Mady) and had such fun seeing each other again. Watching them run through the parking lot at the mall and jump into eachothers arms would make you think they hadn't seen eachother in a year! It was such a sweet scene! After the reunion we headed to the coolest store around these days "Justice for Girls" and began our little shopping spree! My mom came with us too and I think Mom, Veronica and I had more fun picking out cute clothes than the girls had! We had the girls try on all the cute outfits and pick their favorites! Surprisingly Annie loved them all and tended to lean towards the pink outfits! After choosing their favorites, Sloane and Annie also picked out t-shirts that said "best friends forever" on them. They also picked matching hats and sunglasses! Once we made our purchases they promptly went into the dressing rooms and changed into their matching outfits! They were stylin', saucey and ready to go!

Next we met MarJane for a yummy lunch and a new cafe and spent over an hour just visiting while the silly girls talked and acted goofy! It was soooo nice to see Veronica! I really miss her even more than I thought I would!
After lunch V took the girls back to their house so Annie could see where they live and my mom and I headed to Fashion Island Mall for a little "LuLu Lemon" shopping! I love their stuff and found some great stuff there!
We went and picked up Annie and headed home to change and get ready to go to the Performance of the Musical "Savior Of The World" that the Irvine Stake was putting on. Greg, MarJane, Nicole, Amber and Marin were all in the show. I went there having no idea what to expect. It was a beautiful show about the events prior to the birth of Christ and then the events that took place after his resurrection. The music was beautiful, the talent of those in the production was amazing. I am so happy I was able to see it! I was surprised at how many people were in the show that I knew. It was fun to see them show off talents that I didn't even know they had! The experiences that my in laws shared with me about doing the show were so inspiring that today when I got home I called our Stake Music director and told her about the show. She is taking the idea to a committee meeting in a few weeks and hopefully we'll be able to do the show here someday too!
Saturday was fun filled as well! It started with Papa's YUMMY waffles topped with FRESH strawberries (my FAVORITE), then we went and watched Justin play baseball. We then went to the beach with MarJane, Mom, Laura, Jill, Annie and Marin! The weather was a bit chilly but it was so relaxing to sit, chit chat, listen to the ocean and watch the girls play! Who doesn't love a day at the beach? That night Mom and I went to the musical again while Annie got to hang out with Uncle Kevin and Auntie Laura!
Sunday's highlight was the whole reason we went to California as it was Gracie's blessing day! Ryan blessed her and the sweet little angel didn't make a sound! I then got to hold her through the last part of Sacrament meeting and all of Sunday School. I definitely got my baby fix!! Kevin is ALWAYS in the middle of the kids funny little shows! This particular one he played the Indian who stole the pig! It was absolutely hysterical and of course the kids LOVED having him play with them!
We spent Sunday afternoon with Ryan and Nic and the rest of the family and loved every minute of it! I am truely blessed to have such a good family. I love them so much and am thankful they are who they are!




Thanks for a fun weekend everyone! Love You!

6 comments:

Tamara said...

Looks like a great time. I love the pics of you and Annie. What an adorable baby!!! She is beautiful.

Lindsay said...

What a super fun girl weekend! That baby is so cute, she kind of reminds me of an Empey, am I crazy?

Julie said...

Oh that Gracie is darling! She's got a little sparkle in her eyes. I'm glad you had fun with your Annie! And no Lindsay...I can see what you mean that she looks like an Empey baby. It must be the big blue eyes!

Lisa said...

What a great great trip, Mar. Just you and Annie. How fun! I'm glad you liked the Savior of the World. I think my cousin Katie directed it! and lots of the Redfords were in it too. What a great stake!

Heather said...

Looks like fun, I am sad we could not be there! I am just happy I got to see you the week before!

Nicole said...

It was sooooooooooooo fun to have you here! Thank you for coming! I can't wait to all be together in July!