Sunday, September 07, 2008
Prayers...
I am constantly amazed by this whole "internet" thing and more specifically by the "blogging" thing. I came home from a Youth Conference testimony meeting tonight (yes, it's OVER!! It was everything we wanted it to be and I'll write about it in a few days after I decompress) and decided to read up on the past week of my favorite blogs. Little did I know about what I was getting in to. I read, on my friend Tara's blog, an entry she made a few days ago about a couple from Arizona who was in a plane crash in August. I vaguely remember hearing about it but didn't hear any of the details until tonight. Both the husband and wife (Stephanie and Christian Nielson) are in critical condition and in the trenches of a life or death battle. With a little hesitation (do I want to have a good cry tonight?) I clicked on the link to the wife's sister's blog and was instantly absorbed in reading their story. They have four children under the age of 6, they are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, are avid BYU fans and they have an AMAZING extended family supporting and loving them and praying for them. Through the sister's blog, thousands of people have read their story. It is one of love, hope, service, endurance and faith. Be prepared to laugh and cry as you read, but ultimately to be inspired by their continuing story. Whether you decide to read the blog or not, please remember this sweet family in your prayers. The blogging world never ceases to amaze me. Complete strangers are praying for each other and the prayers are helping to support and sustain people in need. (Click the ORANGE words above to link to the different websites)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have been reading all about them for weeks now and I am so absorbed in their story. Stephanie's entries have always been so beautiful and uplifting. Reading her posts makes me excited to do more things for/with my family. I have also been reading cjane's blog (her sister courtney) and Topher's (her brother Christopher). They are an amazing family. And on a side note, they are all so talented.
Ok, so I read your blog late last night which turned into a really, really late night from reading that family's blog. It truly was a tear jerker. You are so right sometimes it never ceases to amaze me!
I think my second cousin's wife wrote something about that on her blogsite. I have not yet read the story. Hope all is well with you, Adam and the kids
I'll have to read it! I think you are right though- it's amazing to connect with so many people in so many different places. Can't wait to hear about Youth Conference!
I saw this on the Today show or was GMA? I can't remember. How tragic- but at the same time amazing and inspiring. What an incredible family. I was up really late too- reading the blog, having a good cry, and appreciating my family!!
I saw this on the Today show too and heard all about it from my non-member friend who came across their blog. I have yet to read it yet... hmmm... do I feel like crying tonight?
Post a Comment