Saturday, October 21, 2006

EVERYTHING AND MORE....

Here's the Birthday Girl! Annie had a great Birthday! It started out bright and early to open presents from the family! We gave a snowboard and she was ecstatic about it! She started boarding last winter and picked it up sooooo quick! She loved it so we decided to buy her her own! We got a great deal on the board, boots and bindings at the Sports Authority Pre Season Online Sale! We even got Spencer one (he doesn't know yet so shhhhh! His birthday isn't until December so we might have to give it to him early if we head up to ski before then!) It was a sweet sale and we were able to get everything 30-50% off! After opening presents the kids headed off to school, where Annie was the BIRTHDAY GIRL! I loved going to school on my birthday! I always felt so special! After school we got ready for the party and then everyone arrived and.......

I LOVED IT!!! "Flicka" was EVERYTHING I had hoped for and more! It was soooooo good! Tim McGraw did a great job in his first starring role! It took me a minute to get used to him without his hat and goatee! He was so believable as the overprotective, rancher father! I was definately impressed! Of course my favorite scenes were the ones where he was riding his horse and the sweeping landscapes were all you could see! A man on a horse is SOOOOOO sexy! The girl who played Katie was great and a good little actress and I've always liked the girl who plays the mom (can't remember her name) Anyways, I give the movie 4 Stars and recommend it to any horse loving, Tim McGraw drooling, family show goer person out there! It is my new favorite!

Going to the movie for Annie's Birthday was definately a hit! After Pizza, Cake, Ice Cream and presents the Moms and the Girls all headed to the Theater. The movie was packed so we ended up sitting in the 2nd and 3rd rows! It ended up not being too bad though (better than the 1st row). The girls didn't mind it at all and thought it was so fun to be so close! After the movie was over all the girls kept telling Annie and I thank you. They all LOVED it and kept talking about how they cried during a particular part (don't want to ruin the movie for ya!). Annie told me she had cried too! Wow!! My baby is growing up! Everyone knows that I am a bawl baby and cry pretty much at everything--I was watching the end of the Price is Right the other day (never watch it but Logan hit the channel changer while he was watching Barney and it came on) and I cried when the person won the Showcase Showdown! Anyway, Annie has never shown any emotion other than laughter when she watches movies. Even at the saddest moments! Anyway, when she told me she cried and I saw little glistening tears, I got all emotional :-) My baby girl is growing up!! After the movie, all the girls came back to our house and Annie passed out Treat Bags and said goodbye! It was a very fun night and an easy party to plan since all the moms came! No stress of keeping track of anyone! The movie was definately what I had hoped for and to any horse lovin, Tim droolin', good movie watchin' folk...I HIGHLY recommend it!!

6 comments:

Jeni said...

cant wait to see it!! Sounds like a fun little birthday!! AND YES that is the Dale I am talking about... he is crazy and nuts and I know he has been around FOREVER!

shannon said...

you're killin' me, you are killing me! i hope to go see the flicka movie soon, maybe on our girls weekend? and what a great idea for the birthday party, i am totally going to steal that one some day. happy birthday to annie!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Annie girl! I love you and I'm glad you had such a fun time.

Julie said...

I'm glad you had fun and the movie was fabulous! Could the t-shirt Annie got be any more fitting for her little tom-boy self? How awesome! I'm probably going to Flicka with Natalie this week. Can't wait!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like quite the party! Wish I could have been there. We'll have to go see Flicka sometime soon!

Nicole said...

What a great party!!! I love that you had the moms go too- very clever way of you to get to see the movie you were dying to see as well...