Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Calvin Klein AD?


On Sunday afternoon we went on a hike at a near by park with some friends! The day was just too beautiful to sit home in front of the TV watching football! It took some coaxing, but I finally convinced Adam and Spencer to turn off the TV! They were so glad they did! We went with our friends, the Petry's to a trail called Deer Creek! It is only a 15 minute drive from our house! The trail goes up on the side of the mountain and loops back around! It is so pretty, and an easy trail for kids to walk along! We all had a great time! I was soooooo proud of Garett who walked (ran actually) almost the whole way (2.7 miles)! He was skipping over rocks, pointing out different trees, and commenting to us what a good hiker he is! And he really is! For a kid who would rather watch TV than do almost anything else, he was in heaven! We even passed by a horse pasture where a little horse came galloping over to see us! Garett reached out and pet him right on the nose all by himself! It was so fun to see how proud he was of himself for doing something he used to be scared to do!

Annie, our outdoors(wo)man, led the way on the trail! She took hold of our friends' dog, Scooter's leash and led him most of the way! She LOVES dogs and each year, around this time of year, she starts in on the "I want a puppy thing!". Her birthday is in a few days so she starts with that and then moves onto wanting a puppy for Christmas! We know we will probably someday have to give in to the dog thing, but I plan on holding off for as long as possible! Until then, she can have lots of practice with Scooter (and Mia, our neighbor's dog).

Spencer also loved the hike! He loves the outdoors and especially likes being outdoors with the Petry's. They are all totally into hiking, mountain biking, adventures, camping, etc. Spencer once told Tanya, "You're family is all about nature!" and they are! They are definately good for us!

Aside from Spencer, Logan enjoyed the hike the most! He got to hang out in the hiking backpack carrier the whole way on Adam's back! He loved it! The whole time pointing to trees, rocks, and the "big fRucks" he could see down below! He LOVES trucks and can't quite say it right yet. It comes out sounding VERY profane but what can ya do! We try to teach him how to say it right and he just repeats the FR sound instead of the T sound over and over again! Anyway, when we were finished hiking he got sooooo mad at us! He did NOT want to get out of the back pack! He tried to climb back in it! It was hilarious!

The picture above was taken on the hike! Bill (dad Petry) took a few shots of Adam carrying Logan! I love this one! In black and white it looks sort of magazine ad like!

Anyway, it was a great afternoon! Everytime we do something fun like this we are reminded how blessed we are to live in such a beautiful part of the country.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! I wished I lived close because it would be so fun to do things like that.

Julie said...

I miss the mountains! That picture is really great! As for Logan being profane, at least he's got an 'r' sound in there!

Lindsay said...

How fun! I need to learn where all of these fun trails are so that I can take advantage of them!