Wednesday, May 20, 2009

3D Baby

To start off, I need to thank my world of READERS for ALL of your FABULOUS comments regarding my last post. I had faith that you were all there and to see that faith turn into pure knowledge gave my heart such a boost. I think its even beating a little stronger just knowing that I do have friends who read my blog! THANK YOU! I also need to mention that during my "pregnancy rant" adventure I have learned that I too, am not that great of a commenter. I have learned that "he who is without sin, cast the first stone, or at least cast that first one at yourself" Translation: I promise that forever more, I will comment more on all of your blogs too!!
Now for the 3D baby part:
My doctor, as I've mentioned before, is awesome! So much so that when I went in for my first prenatal visit with him, he wrote out on a prescription pad "complimentary 3D ultrasound" and stuffed it into my little packet of treats! I didn't realize the significance of that until a few weeks later when I was scheduling all of my prenatal visits and the scheduler asked if was going to have a 3D ultrasound at 28 weeks. As she asked the question I remembered the prescription paper that said "complimentary" on it and replied to her "Yes, why not!". Two weeks ago I was 28 weeks and off I went for my ultrasound. Now I need to share with you my deep feelings of "creeped out" that I had the first time I saw a 3D ultrasound picture of a baby inside the womb. It was when I was pregnant with Logan and my dr's office was just starting to offer the service! I thought the babies in the sample photos looked like little aliens and was somewhat disturbed by them. But, when it was my turn to have the pics taken of my baby, I thought, For free?? Why not! Plus, we can double check that its going to be a girl!
To be honest, I wasn't as disturbed or creeped out seeing the 3D pics as I thought I would be. It was actually really fun and I was wishing I could have stayed longer to get even better shots of the baby! As we were hoping, she is still a girl and from what we can see on the pics, she looks like she belongs to us with her chubby little cheeks! Without further adieu, here are the "alien" pictures of our little girl....

Profile 2D ultrasound
Baby's hand covering her ear and profile
Chubby cheeks and big lips

Pursed lips!

17 comments:

Julie said...

Amazing technology they have these days!

JulieB said...

Yay! Isn't it crazy you can see you so clearly while still in the womb? Hope all is going well.

Heather said...

Still weird! I don't know, just kinda strange. Although very interesting. That profile shot, the regular one totally looks like one of your kids too! Funny how that works.

Lisa said...

Fun to get these shots for free... and yay that it's still a girl! Hang in there, Mar.

McKenna said...

Oh, she's so pretty! It really is amazing how they can do that.

Monica said...

Marilee~
I am glad you are feeling better about the comments made on your blog. I really think it is so neat to see how technology has and is changing in the way of ultrasounds. The pictures are so neat and i loved seeing her little face and hands.

Lindsay said...

I read your past 4 posts, I think, and just to make you feel better, no one ever comments on my blog either. My max is like 2 or 3 comments a post, you're not alone. The baby shower was super fun, G's art project was really cool, good job G! Your girl trip looked fun and I like the 3D ultrasounds pics. Not yucky looking at all, just a cute baby!

Proud Momma said...

That makes me excited to actually SEE my little girl in a few weeks!

Amy said...

That's so NEAT!! Wow!! I still can't wait to see her in real life though!!! Not much longer!! Love you!!

shannon said...

oh my, i love those! i had 2 of those 3-D and 4-D ultrasounds with Eden and they are so fun to look at! so are you going to post what you're naming miss thang? how are you feeling? those last 2 months are awful, especially in the summertime, so good luck!!!

Louise said...

"Sloooow to comment" commenter here. Now leaving somes comments. Ha ha! Love the 3D pictures- how sweet!

Louise said...

Yep, she sure does share the same name and spelling! I did think of you when we started lessons! Ditto to never finding anything with your name on it. I still to this day look at key chains etc... No luck :( I should have thought it out a little more when we decided to name our Klaire with a K!!! Poor kid :(

Kacey said...

Isn't technology amazing. When they did the 4-D ultrasound with Dallin and told me he was a girl...I kept looking at the face over and over and was totally convinced that that was NOT a girl face. The next time I went in the Dr. wanted to double check something on "her" mouth and the first thing to show up was the correct body part that clearly showed I was right...it was definitely a boy. I'm a huge fan of having the 4-D ultrasound done.

Wishing for the West Coast said...

What a doll! I was so amazing to see how much Ryan actually looked like his 3D photo when he was born. Technology is crazy!

Sara said...

WOW! That is cool! So excited for you!

Sara said...

ps. how do you even see how many people have looked at your blog? I'm not that advanced!

Jill Ehat said...

That is cool. I think she is beautiful!