Monday, June 01, 2009

Painting Bedrooms

May was a busy month for getting stuff done. Between field trips, year end school parties, puppy graduation for Lucy (a big deal, we have learned), Laker playoff basketball games, G's Birthday and the BYU Father/Son Basketball Camp, I decided to get Spencer's new bedroom all set up and his old bedroom turned into the nursery. I figure with school ending and kids home all day, I probably wouldn't have much time to get it done after May, not to mention the fact that I'd be too large and cumbursome (sp?) to be able to climb a ladder to paint! So.... without further adieu.....the bedrooms....

Both rooms still need the final decorations put up and the nursery is still awaiting the, valence, crib bumper and quilt which are all on back order til the end of June, but all in all, the painting done!

SPENCER'S ROOM

View from the door
View from the door

Desk/study area

Full size bed (which he is LOVING)

BABY'S ROOM
View from the door
Rocking chair (I'll be recovering the cushions) change table and crib
Look back at the door and the bathroom door (the black pullup bar still needs to come down)

Look at the closet with LITTLE GIRL clothes in it :-)

It has been sooooo much fun figuring out what to do in each room and even more fun to paint and see my ideas come to fruition! Spencer's room was inspired by some model homes mom and I toured in April and the baby's room was inspired by yours truly. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do and I was getting stressed out about it. Then one morning, I woke up with the idea to outline the entire room and the windows. So that's what I did! All I can say is this kid better be a GIRL!!!

13 comments:

Heather said...

Looks great! I love both rooms. The babies room will be so cute once the bedding and all are in place. I sure hope it is a girl too after all that hard work! LOVES!

Andrea said...

Both rooms looks great! It is so fun to have a girl and enjoy all of the girly stuff. Hope you feel well this last little while!

JulieB said...

Cute! I love it when people show pictures of their homes, it is great to get real ideas.

Kacey said...

oooooooooooooooh....I am in love with those big huge brown stripes!!

(and I love the pink..so girly!)

Julie Walker said...

wow, did you paint yourself? love the outlining in the baby's room.

Louise said...

Love the cute rooms- darling stripes and colors! I did our oldest's room last year, and promised our next that he would get a complete over haul this year. It's so fun to re-decorate! Good job!!!

Lisa said...

I bet Spencer is loving being downstairs all by himself. What fun. You are all ready for that baby now. Good work!

Geneva said...

hey its Geneva (Lisa's friend). I occasionally look at your blog to find out if you got that baby girl or not....(just wanted to let you know who the las vegas stalker of your blog is)! I have no idea when you are due, but I'm sure it will be a girl and lucky her to have such a cute family and baby girl pink room waiting for her. Good luck!

Jeni said...

ohh the rooms look so so cute. I may have to copy one day!! and ya you better pray it is a girl! I thought my little stephen was a girl until 34 weeks. yikes!

Julie said...

They both turned out so so so cute and I am FOR SURE copying the babies room for Natalie's room. You're brilliant!

Proud Momma said...

I LOVE the painting Mar! I must have missed this post for some reason but I'm glad I saw it...so cute! You have been very busy!

Amy said...

So cute!! So Spencer is downstairs and the girls are sharing?? Which room are the girls in now....I was trying to figure it out on my own but I can't tell!!

Love you....can't wait to meet this cute little one....THAT IS A GIRL!!! :)

Jill Ehat said...

Cute, thanks for posting! I absolutely LOVE Spencer's room!