I can't believe my G-man is 7 years old! Where have the years gone? He is so grown up and I feel like it was just yesterday that he was sucking on his two fingers, looking up at me with his big blue eyes and straight blonde hair!
This year has been a exciting one for G! He's taken Tae Kwon Do, he played his first season of basketball, he has finished Kindergarden AND first grade (he finished kindie the day before his birthday last year and this year 1st grade ended after his birthday--wierd school schedules, I'll say!). He's also made a TON of new friends, he's started helping "the boys" -Adam and Spencer- with the "taking out the trash" duties, he's learned to read, he won a $25 award for his art work, and has done plenty of other fun, new and exciting things that kids do!
As I reflect on my sweet little man's life I can't help but think of all the things about him that I LOVE and ADORE!! I've always had a special tender little spot in my heart for him, as I do all my children, but his is one that is a little softer than the others. When I was pregnant with him we had a few "scares" that caused me to worry about him much more than with my other pregnancies. During his ultrasound they found cysts on his brain. Six weeks later we had another ultrasound and found the cysts were gone, but those six weeks were filled with worry! Then when I was about 32 weeks along, I had a presac of water break. Not knowing it was a "pre sac" they gave me a 50/50 chance that I would have him by 34 weeks and I was put on bedrest. After a week and running some other tests they found that everything was fine. Thankfully he was born on time and as healthy as can be. The relief we felt that all was well can't be put into words! Since that day he has brought us nothing but joy! Here are few things about Garett you might not know:
1. His name is spelled Garett, which is different than most others with his same name.
2. Pretty much from the time he was born we have called him "G" or "G-man". EVERYONE calls him that!
3. He is also called "Pirate G" by some of his cousins.
4. He LOVES video games, movies, lego, riding his bike, playing basketball and being with friends.
5. He is probably our funniest kid! Seriously has such a GREAT sense of humor!
5. He is probably our funniest kid! Seriously has such a GREAT sense of humor!
6. He used to constantly bonk his head, eyes, chin, face, etc. and has had stitches or glue 4 times.
7. He can recite most any line in a movie, word for word, after watching it only one time!
8. He gives THE BEST snuggles around!! (well, so do Spencer, Annie and Logan :-)
9. He sucked his pointer and middle fingers for 6 years and quit last year when we took him to a therapist. We thought it would be a tough transition for him but after the first session, he never put them back in his mouth again!!!
10. When he looks at you with those big baby blue eyes, they pierce right through you and can make your heart melt!
Garett, we love you SOOOOO much! Happy 7th Birthday!!
4 comments:
Pirate G your Auntie Heather loves you bunches!!!!
We love G! Love the new picture of your kids on your header. they are getting so old!
Happy Birthday G! We love you dude. You're the baddest pirate around.
I love G-man. Moahhhhaaaa haaaa.
Post a Comment