Thursday, May 14, 2009
BUSTED!!!!!
See the title of this post? "BUSTED"?? Well people (at least the majority of you) that means you! Yes! YOU! You see, I spend hours each time I post, in an effort to capture the fun memories I have with my family and friends in my life. I pick only the best pictures (just kidding :-) and type the stories in the best way I can, despite of my lack of editorial genious, so I can capture what really happened, and recreate the memory for myself and those who were there. It's always a struggle because I also want to CREATE it for those who weren't there. Even if the reader can catch a small glimpse of the day, or event or emotion, I feel I've accomplished something. Before I hit "PUBLISH", I read, and re-read everything. Some, I admit, lack the pizazz I wish they had, while others, in my opinion, are brilliant works of writing :-) (Like the "Blog Stalker vs. Blog Hopper" post from last March, or the "Holding Hands" post from this past January). Still, once that "PUBLISH" button has been hit, I'm out there, for all to read and COMMENT ON!!!! And this, my fine readers, is where the "BUSTED" part comes in!!!! The other day I posted two entries. Not my best, but a quick update of what's been happening in my life. After just a few days, I've been wondering why I went public again. I seem to be getting less comments now than when I was private. "Hmmmmmm" I thought to myself, "I guess no one is reading my blog....maybe going private made them forget about me, and now that I'm public, they don't care...maybe the "Pizazz lacking" entries bored them all away....hmmmmm, what could it be?" In my confusion as to why the lack of readers/comments, I remembered my blog tracker. "This will give me the answers I seek", I thought. And so it did! Yes people, IT DID!!!! And now I know WHO looked at my blog, WHEN they looked at it and most importantly, who DID NOT leave a comment! On Tuesday I had 75 hits! SEVENTY FIVE!!! And look at my comments, what is there now 2? 3? Talk about a heart break!! 2 or 3 comments off of SEVENTY FIVE HITS! I have to say, "Charleyyy, That weally hooorts". (click here to understand that if you are confused) I could name the "non comment leaving" readers and list you ALL, but for now, I won't :-). I understand that there are reasons for not commenting like "nothing to say", "no time", "just getting a quick update", "not interested in the post at ALL" but come on people, those excuses only last so long! I know because I use them too. I'm guilty of not always commenting on your blogs, but I try to, at least every few entries. But right now my wounded ego can't handle excuses for much longer! So, even though I know who you are, I will forgive you, and hope that soon, VERY soon, my comment #'s will rise, and I'll know that you are out there. Even if you just comment once every 3 or 4 posts, or even if your comment simply says "I was here", I'll accept that! I'll just be happy to know you are there! So for the sake of a hormonal, crazy, 7 month (and counting) pregnant lady, who has to defend her blog to her doubting husband ("you have no comments, no one is reading your blog") PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!! :-) (Do I sound desparate? Well I am!!! Does admitting that your desparate, really make you desparate? Hmmmm, a post for another day :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
i loved your last posts. loved lucy eating G's homework. loved th piano recital. love it all. keep posting. i'll keep stalking but rarely have anything to say except: cute, awesome, great, wow, neat.
You are funny! I love you and I am commenting!
McKenna is busted.
Yes, this amoung my readers is a common problem as well. Although, I've gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore. I only care enough that my blog comments are only the second thing I check when I do my email, facebook, and blog checking.... 2-3 times daily. See, comments are totally not important to anyones self esteem. (I hope you're sencing the sarcasm.)
My guess is that when something is written so well or so quirky, I feel as though I have to write a comment equally as good as the post that was written. I end up thinking for hours and hours, (about as long as it takes to write a post for my own blog,) just to make the writer feel that their post has been accepted and understood for what it was worth. So after all of the debating, I end up getting discouraged thinking my silly comment won't give the true credit deserved for this marvelous peice of literature.
I suppose you can call it speachless.
I love you sista-cuz, and I read every post!
I was here. hahahahaha!
I'm finally catching up on my blog reading and it was fun to read. One of these days I'll catch up on my blog publishing or maybe I'll just start over since I'm so far behind. Good job, hon!
Still reading ya and enjoying what you have to say!
Haha! You totally make me laugh! At least your husband reads your blog! WE need to do lunch! Heather's birthday has come and gone and we didn't celebrate! What is your schedule like???
PS I hat the comment word verification....it keeps me from commenting! LOL
Oh goodness Mar!!!! I am guilty of not leaving comments. I will consider my hand slapped. Now, why aren't you commenting on mine?...To shay!
Marilee, i read your blog often and am guilt of not always commenting. Make you a deal eh, you comment once in a while on mine and i will on yours. Believe it or not we get hits on ours but the comment section never reflects who is truly looking.
Yep I'm a sneaker! I check in from time to time, to see how everyone is doing, but it takes me seriously more than a hour to read everyone's blogs! If I were to leave smart and funny comments it would take me even longer.....and well I'm already too busy to have a my own blog, so PLEASE don't make me feel guilty(NOT!) for not responding to every post. Who knew that my comments would be so important! :D
I was here! :-D
Yes, yes, I too, am considering my hand slapped...I am so guilty of not leaving comments! I was totally thinking this same thing the other day....less and less comments and it would seem or at least feels like less viewers. It, I fear, has much to do with FB and all the other stuff we must keep up with on our computers!!
You are SO pregnant!
You are adorable. You must be a 'words of affirmation' person like me! ...and I know you are because you are a good commentor!
Love the post! You funny woman! I want to see new baby pictures hopefully soon! (my ovaries hurt to see a little newborn) Since I can't in some miracle get Mindy to get pregnant you'll have to give me my fix!! Really in no way am I having a baby for sanity reasons but just miss that newborn stage so much!! Hope your feeling well and are somewhat comfortable.
I do love reading the comments on my blog too, so I guess I should be better about commenting on yours! Pictures soon of the blessing weekend. Wish you were here.
How does blog tracker work???
Hey- I always comment- I just don't get to read everyday- maybe once a week:) It looks like you are getting your wish on the comments though! PS- no one has commented on my post that I put up 2 weeks ago :)
Cute baby shower... and I almost commented on your girls trip and then didn't for whatever reason. but so fun that you have all those fun friends and you guys do that! and you are looking so dang cute!
I also love you Mar and have to admit that I'm one of those people that reads for the update and then is too lazy to comment, although I often comment in my mind...does that count?
I feel the same way though, when I put up my voting poll a few months ago as to whether or not I was having a girl or boy I had like 40 hits...um who are these people who care enough to tell me what I"m having but won't tell me who they are or drop by to say hey in a comment? I HATE that!
Loves
Hey I commented on Baby Shower! - Marilee you make me laugh.
Post a Comment