Monday, August 11, 2008

Brecken Made Me Do It!

On August 1st the bookstore near my house stayed open until 1am for the release of Stephenie Myers new book BREAKING DAWN! It was a Friday night, it had been a LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG week and I was exhausted. Somehow Brecken persuaded me to stay up late and go to the bookstore TWILIGHT Party to pick up my copy of Breaking Dawn! I'm sooooo glad that I let her convince me to go with her. It was a quick in and out, but in those few minutes we had a ton of fun AND were able to grab our copies of the newest Twilight Series Book! Brecken read hers in 2 days but I'm working a bit more slowly. I didn't start til about 3 days ago, but time is limited so I'm not too far into it! So far though, I'm LOVING it!!!

Tamara bought me this shirt for my Birthday last year! I was SOOOOO excited to be able to wear it to a place where everyone knew that Edward was not my husbands name!
After we traded our "vouchers" (see below) in for our copies of BREAKING DAWN

Our special vouchers

Thanks for a fun night Breck!! Soooo glad I went!

7 comments:

Julie said...

you're a total nerd for wearing your Edward shirt. hhahahahahahaha! I love it! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. I finished last night and loved EVERY word! Can't wait to discuss.

Lisa said...

No special party for me but I bought mine yesterday. I'm still working on The Host and then I'll get to this one. Can't wait!!!

tiffany garfield said...

You guys are nuts!!!! I can't believe Breck talked you into join her--you are a good friend! haha. I love the shirt! It's HILARIOUS! You look like a true diehard fan!

Lindsy said...

You are a full fledged(sp?) fan!! Love the shirt... Can't wait to hear what you think of the book.

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

You NEEEERD! haha! Funny shirt tho... I can't wait for the movie to come out!!! I have yet to buy the book, but I've only heard good things about it:) YAY!

lovinglife said...

Marilee! It's Darcy from CA. I found your blog on the side bar of one of my friend's blogs. So fun to see your family. I love Breaking Dawn too!! So fun. When I read your blog, I had to figure out how I new the girl in your picture. She looked so familiar and I remembered the name Brecken from somewhere. And then it hit me.. I was roommates with Kara Watterson Freshman year! I think Brecken and Kara were friends in highschool and I met her when she visited Kara. I never knew she married Niles. SMALL world! And to make it smaller, my older sister dated Russ, Kara and Niles' older brother. What a small Mormon world we all live in. Hope you're enjoying the book. Darcy darcyure@gmail.com

Tamara said...

Looks so fun and I'm so glad you got to wear your shirt! :)