Saturday, June 21, 2008

Girls Trip
June started out with my much anticipated and looked forward to Annual Girls Trip! This year was a bit different as many of the girls weren't able to make the trip. We went to my mom's house in So. California and though we missed our "missing friends, had a great relaxing time. Our days consisted of working out in the mornings, going to the beach for the afternoon and dinner and movie in the evenings! I am so blessed to have such great friends who need and love "Girl Time" as much as I do! Relaxing at the Beach!! GORGEOUS (the weather and the girls :-)
Lunch at Ruby's on the Pier in Balboa
Brecken convinced us all to rent one of these bike thingys! It was really fun to ride along the boardwalk and see the beautiful beach homes and enjoy the ocean breeze! Good call Breck!
After our morning run...and yes, Erin did run with us, 7 1/2 months pregnant! What a woman!
Tamara, Brecken and I all bought these HOBO wallets before the trip, without knowing it! We all absolutely LOVE them and wouldn't stop talking about how great hey are all weekend long! Erin got quite sick of hearing about it but one day, hmmmmm, say in July......... she'll be singing the HOBO praises too!!!

Our last day all together in CA! Soooo sad it's over but soooo happy we had such a great time!

MarJane's Birthday

While I was in California for the Girls Trip, my Mother in Law celebrated her 60th Birthday. Adam was able to fly in for the day to help fulfill MarJane's birthday wish to have all her children together to celebrate. Adam was also able to be ordained a High Priest by his father while we were there as Adam was called to the Bishopric in our ward the week before. President Griffith was able to be there which was very special since he had been Adam's Bishop when he turned 12 years old and became a Deacon. All of Adam's siblings and spouses were able to be there which make it a very special day.

President Ed Griffith, Mark Mortenson, Adam, Greg
Our Family and Friends


Afterwards, the party began and we all went to dinner at the Center Club and had a wonderful time, just the 10 of us (plus Gracie), celebrating Mom's birhtday! We answered some fun questions about her and her life and watched a wonderful video that Laura and Kevin put together. The dinner was yummy and the company was fabulous! Happy Birthday Mom! We Love You!

The Birthday Girl

Ryan and Nicole

Adam and I

Kevin and Laura

Dan and Jill

MJ with her Children

The GPC and HMC Children

The Whole Family

2 comments:

Monica said...

Holy Cow your family has sure been busy the last couple of months. The kids swimming looks fun. The girls trip you look like you were just throughly enjoying yourself. I wish I had friends to do a girls trip so much fun. In fact, I remember eating at Ruby's when I lived in Ca. The family photos are great but I don't remember Adam having a brother. Hope all is good with ya'll.sgudcihf

jensenfamily said...

ok, is Adam's sister on the right married to your brother? I forgot how that works, but if so, I think he looks a lot like your spencer - thanks for dinner the other night! Erin