Friday, June 15, 2012

October–November 2011

 

I have GOT to get caught up on my blogging! Wow, its been way too long and I’m afraid if I don’t do it now I will never get caught up.

Grandma Christoffersons Funeral

Grandma passed away in October. It was so nice that almost all of her family was able to be at her funeral!

DSC_1666

DSC_1665

Grandma with her older sister Aunt Nell

DSC_1552

The Pall Bearers (her grandsons and grandsons in law)

DSC_1557DSC_1558DSC_1562

Brothers

DSC_1602DSC_1612

Spencer                                 Papa and Gramma

DSC_1603

Cousins

DSC_1611DSC_1616

My Girls                                   My Love

DSC_1624

Grandpa and his Boys

DSC_1583DSC_1656

It was a gorgeous funeral with the most BEAUTIFUL flowers I’ve ever seen!

Grandma Jeanne, We love you and will miss you! We are grateful for the legacy you have left for each one of us to follow after.

Til We Meet Again!

DSC_1679

All of the GPC’s

 

Santa Barbara Marathon

DSC_0233

My friend Mindy Thompson and I ran together for the first 16 1/2 miles. She was a God send and made the race so much more fun! At mile 17 I had to stop for the bathroom. I told her to go ahead so I would ruin her pace. She ended up finishing in 4 hours and 15 minutes! She ROCKED it! I should never have left her!

I’ve always had the dream of someday running and finishing a Marathon. 26.2 miles. I know, crazy right? Well November 10th of 2011 I made the dream a reality and finished my first marathon. It was so hard and even harder to train but so unbelievable rewarding. It was great to have my friends and some family there to cheer me on!

DSC_0453DSC_0454

When I rounded the corner to enter the Stadium where the finish line was Spencer was waiting for me. What a site for sore eyes! I was soooooo happy and having him there made it even better. He came out on the track and ran the last 50 yards with me. I asked him if he realized how awesome it was that his 37 year old mother was about to finish a marathon. He thought it was pretty cool! Love him and am so glad that he was there and is one of my favorite Race Day memories!

DSC_0459

Almost there….

DSC_0467DSC_0468

Final time was 4:42:20. My goal was to beat 5 hours! I did it!

Below are pictures of the people who inspired and supported me on race day!

DSC_0293DSC_0485DSC_0474  Mindy Thomspson. Race day run partner!   Adam who finished his 1st marathon in June   My baby sister. Wouldn’t have done it without  her!

DSC_0479DSC_0491DSC_0489

Marathon runners in the family(- Dad)    Natascha Perez One of my BFF’s from BYU!    Julie’s Utah girls who ran the half

Family Pics

My Sister in Law Jill took our Family Pictures this year! She did such a great job! Thanks Jilly!

annieIMG_1276

IMG_1285

IMG_1416IMG_1421

IMG_1457IMG_1440IMG_1425IMG_1436IMG_1472IMG_1614IMG_1387

No comments: