Thursday, November 03, 2011

JULY and Stuff

 

4th OF JULY

July started with a very quiet house since both Spencer and Annie were off at their respective camps. Annie went to BYU Basketball Camp and Spencer was at HELAMAN’s ENCAMPMENT, an LDS Scout Camp in Alberta with his cousin Harris.

Spencer at Helaman's Encampment

I absolutely ADORE this picture of Spencer. My sister Julie Miller took it when Spencer was at Helaman’s Encampment! She is an AMAZING Photographer!!

The 4th of July was a little strange for all of us since we were all spread out! Adam was home with Garett, Logan and Avery while flew to Utah with Annie and Julia to drop them off at BYU! We had a few minutes of anxiety the morning of the 4th because Annie passed out while I was doing her hair! She had been sick the entire week before, was on antibiotics and was feeling better but as she knelt in the bathroom for me to do her hair she collapsed against me! I kept my cool but was completely freaked out! Thankfully Julia was right there with us chatting and ran downstairs to get my mom (we were staying at her house). My mom came up and we both agreed we needed to take her to the Emergency Room. Annie, who had come too a little disoriented was adamant that she was fine and didn’t need to go but there was no way I was leaving her at Camp without a doctor’s okay! Thankfully it wasn’t a busy morning at the American Fork Hospital Emergency Room and they took us right in! It ended up that she had a typical fainting spell because she was on her knees, not moving, had taken her antibiotic but hadn’t eaten yet! The doctor said she was fine! Whew!

After leaving Annie and Julia at camp I headed for home and spent a fun quiet week with Garett, Logan and Avery! It was strange to have my big kids/babysitters gone, but I loved the time I was able to spend with my younger kids! They are such fun little people and we had a great time swimming, playing games, and going to the water park!

TRIP TO CANADA

The second week in July I loaded up the car, packed in my 3 munchkins and headed north! We stopped in Utah for a day and to met up with Nicole and her kids, and picked up Annie and mom!

DSC_0003

Do you think these two look alike? All of a sudden Marin is starting to look like a “mini-Julie”! I think they have the same eyes and the same smile! Regardless they are definite beauties!

DSC_0012DSC_0028

Cute little girls! Avery, Reece and Gracie

DSC_0030

I LOVE this picture of Gracie and Amber! You’d never guess these 2 were sisters! They look NOTHING alike!

DSC_0031

Gongie (Grandma Scadlock) and the Girls

DSC_0041

Gongie and the Boys!

DSC_0061DSC_0063

My kids with Gongie! She loves to see them and they love to see her!                          Avery and Gongie kisses!

DSC_0064

Mom and the kids looking at Grandpa’s headstone!

DSC_0069DSC_0075

On our visit to Grandpa’s grave Avery decided to make herself comfortable! (is this a disrespectful picture? I hope not! I thought it was quite adorable!)

 

DSC_0083

Me and my baby girl!

DSC_0088

Annie, Amber, Grace, Logan, Avery, Marin, JB, G, Nanny and Ben

After playing in Utah for a day we continued on our drive northward with Julie and TJ following a few hours behind us! Of course we had to stop at our favorite hotel in Montana for some waterslide fun. Late the next day, after 3 long days in the car, we made it to the Cabin where we met up with Heather and Steve, Dad and my Spencer!!! It was crazy to be away from him for so long and I missed him like crazy!

DSC_0102

My cute girls!

DSC_0104DSC_0111

Two Handsome Little Men

DSC_0119DSC_0122

G and Avery!                                 Gracie Lou!

(The picture of Gracie is one of my favorites from the whole week! It’s rare that I get a picture of her were she is posing for me!) 

DSC_0123DSC_0124

EEEENJURED BAD!!! You can’t really see from this picture but Nicole sprained her second toe when she landed funny coming off the waterslide! It ended up turning purple all the way up her foot! Poor thing hobbled around all week cause of our favorite waterslide hotel!

On Sunday Ryan, Justin and Adam made it (they flew up) and we were officially ALL at the Cabin together!!!! We had such a great time together boating, playing games, golfing, eating and shooting guns! Yes, I just said shooting guns! Something I NEVER thought I’d say but since dad has gotten into hunting the past few years he decided to bring all his guns out to the cabin so we could go shooting at the local shooting range. I have to say that I LOVED IT!!!! I went out the day they shot shotguns and got quite addicted to saying pull and then blasting the clay pigeon. And, I can proudly say that I was able to hit a few!

Below are a TON of pics from our fantastic week! I had such a hard time narrowing down which pictures I was going to include so be prepared for a lot of them!

The first night at the Cabin

DSC_0002DSC_0003DSC_0004DSC_0005DSC_0009DSC_0011DSC_0013

Each night we had a family night and shared fun stories! Poor Logan could never stay awake!

DSC_0131

Our huge stack of life jacket!

DSC_0144DSC_0149

Josh, Brady and Logan. Need I say more????

DSC_0176DSC_0166DSC_0177

Little Girls and Life Jackets

The Sequence

DSC_0181

In order: #1

DSC_0182

#2

DSC_0183

#3

DSC_0186

#4 (Annie thought she was quite funny by not jumping in the lake with everyone else!)

Family Volleyball Game

DSC_0188DSC_0192

DSC_0198DSC_0200DSC_0201DSC_0204DSC_0206DSC_0207DSC_0208DSC_0209DSC_0212

DSC_0215DSC_0222

Noah is SOOOOO cute! He’s shooting a bear in the pic on the right! Hilarious!!!

Out on the Lake

DSC_0001DSC_0028DSC_0078DSC_0027

DSC_0051DSC_0052

Garett, Logan and Ben caught some WICKED air and all managed to hang on!

DSC_0054

Avery wasn’t too sure about the tube but ended up loving it!

DSC_0104DSC_0110DSC_0172

More Air for Everyone!

DSC_0156

DSC_0240

Kids were not big fans of the laying down tube! Their arms hurt from hanging on so tight!

DSC_0183DSC_0205DSC_0248DSC_0269DSC_0279

DSC_0190

DSC_0276DSC_0280

Marin is a Volleyball Ballerina!                                     The Spectators!!!

DSC_0282

How many kids can you jam in a hot tub?

DSC_0020

A morning walk with the little ones!

Shooting Range

DSC_0003 (2)DSC_0004 (2)

Getting “Instructions” from Granddad!                     Annie’s wishing maybe she should have stayed home!

DSC_0005DSC_0008 (2)DSC_0009 (2)

    Amber chomping at the bit to shoot a gun!        Jackson getting ready for his turn!               Tyler getting his ear plugs in!

DSC_0013 (2)DSC_0016 (2)

       Spencer’s got this! He has a Rifling Merit Badge ya know!         Amber was as precise as Annie Oakley herself!

DSC_0115DSC_0129

                                          Dad                                                                Ryan

DSC_0122DSC_0138

                                    Jackson                                                                            Steve

DSC_0139

Spence

DSC_0140DSC_0130

                                  Spectators                                                                   Score Keepers

DSC_0143DSC_0144DSC_0145

                    Adam                                                Heather                                            Amber

DSC_0147DSC_0150DSC_0155

                         Julie                                                TJ                                                  Me

DSC_0159

The Shoot Off

DSC_0163

Logan started collecting empty shotgun shells! We had a TON!!!!

DSC_0170DSC_0173DSC_0175

                    Logan                                              Josh                                                  Ben

Performances

DSC_0105DSC_0178

Jack was HILARIOUS doing a silly dance!    Garett AKA Rapunzel and Natalie AKA Flinn Rider sang a Tangled Song! HILARIOUS

 

AVERY’s 2nd BIRTHDAY

While we were at the Cabin Avery turned 2 years old! I can’t believe how fast time goes by and that our baby girl is 2! She has grown so quickly! It kind of makes me sad to think of her growing up, but at the same time we are having so much fun with her! She is talking up a storm and keeps us on our toes every minute of the day!

DSC_0056

DSC_0036DSC_0038DSC_0047

2 YEARS OLD!!!

DSC_0068DSC_0069DSC_0078

DSC_0093DSC_0097 

Adult Dinner at The Black Forest

DSC_0032DSC_0034a

DSC_0027DSC_0029DSC_0031

STOP OVER IN UTAH

Adam had a work trip he had to be at so he got to fly home while I made the trek southward with the kids! After a few years in a row of making the drive I really don’t mind it at all and since I know its basically the only way we are able to go to the cabin the drive is totally worth it!

We were able to get to Utah in one day and then spent all day Saturday hanging out at mom and dad’s with everyone! We were even able to meet up with the Petry’s (our good friends from Colorado), who happened to be in Provo the same day that we were there! We LOVED seeing them! We still miss everyone in CO SOOOOOOO much!

DSC_0003DSC_0001DSC_0004

                            Best Pals Reunited!                      Bill quickly won Avery over!                     Bill, Tanya and I

DSC_0009DSC_0010

A stop at BYU is becoming a tradition!

Saturday night Mom and Dad hosted a BBQ at their house with all of us plus TJ’s family who were in town! It was a GORGEOUS night and a great way to end our fabulous summer vacation!

DSC_0017DSC_0011DSC_0013

            Papa Torrey, Lou Lou, Lindsay                          Nicole, Ryan, TJ                                            Harris

DSC_0032DSC_0038

                                The Football Huddle                                                        Fraser, Logan, Brady, Madison

DSC_0039

My Handsome Father (I LLLOOOVVVEEE this picture)

DSC_0041DSC_0044

                                              A Pile Up                                                          Harris

DSC_0045

Avery is one loved baby girl!

DSC_0047DSC_0040

                                         Reecey takes good care of Avery           Ryan and his 2 sisters named Julie

Sunday we finished our trek home and after 48 total hours in the car made home safe and sound! With only a few weeks left until school started it was time to say good bye to summer and start getting ready for a new school year!

No comments: