Thursday, October 07, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

SPENCER’s first day was actually the day after the other kids because this year he is going to a different school. Yep, that’s right, he’s in JUNIOR HIGH!!!! I can’t believe it and was kind of emotional about it all. I think mostly because I so clearly remember my first day of Jr. High. Looking  back I look at how those years were so formative in me becoming who I am.  I’m excited to see how this new chapter in his life plays out!

DSC_1341  

ANNIE’s is in 5th grade this year and is really looking forward to it. She is my child who loves school, though I’m not sure she would ever admit that out loud. She was most excited that her best friend here is in her class again and that some of the boys she likes to play basketball with at recess are in her class too. This year will be a little different for Annie in that she will be the oldest family member at the school and for the first time, she won’t have Spencer with her at the same school. She will also take on the role of helping with Logan after school as she’ll pick him up from his classroom and walk home with him. Such fun, such responsibility and so much to learn! It’s sure to be a good year for Miss Annie!

DSC_1302

Out frontDSC_1305

Garett is the new kid again as we start this year. Over the summer a spot at our neighborhood school opened up (yipee!) so we transferred him over from the school he went to last year! He was a little nervous but excited for the new adventure of a new school, new friends and going to the same school as his brother and sister!  He did GREAT and it didn’t hurt that his friend Camille (my friend Julie’s daughter. I was pregnant with G and she was pregnant with Camille when we lived here 8 years ago), is in his class as well as another friend from church and Cub Scouts! His teacher is SOOOOOO nice and I’m excited for him to have a FABULOUS year!

DSC_1304a

DSC_1309

Garett and Camille

LOGAN’s could not have been more excited for his first day of Kindergarten. He goes in the afternoon and could hardly sit still all morning long as he waited for it to be time to go.  The school offers lunch for kindergarten students and Logan definitely wanted in on that action so we went to school 20 minutes before it started so he could eat his lunch. I went with him to help him find his way to the cafeteria and to help him see how the lunch line works. He wanted me to make his lunch on the first day so after showing him how to do the lunch line, he sat down with his lunch box and started to eat. After a few quiet moments of chewing his food he looked up at me and said, “Mom, I’m going to buy tomorrow, okay?”. I could just see in his eyes that he felt like such a big boy! After lunch it was time to line up and go meet the kids from his class who didn’t come for lunch. Once outside he lined up with all his new friends and headed into the school. Many parents were crying and emotional but nope, not me! I was so excited for him and for me that all I wanted to do was a “Happy Dance”!

 DSC_1317

Traditional Kindergartener/Mom Picture

Logan first day blogKindergarten Here I Come!

      DSC_1321 DSC_1324 

Eating in the Cafeteria                                                              Logan’s AWESOME teacher

 DSC_1327 DSC_1329 DSC_1330

Lining up to go in!

DSC_1331 DSC_1333

This is what Avery did as soon as we got home! She was celebrating her freedom! No siblings to bug her!

A few days after school started for everyone, I was at home, Avery was taking a nap and I sat in my quiet house and thought to myself “I’m SOOOOOO happy!”. Now that we are back in the swing of things, I am finding that the quiet house moments come few and far between. Life is busy, even when 4/5 kids are at school all day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

So cute!!! (I use so quite a bit!!)

What's a "traditional kindergartner"? Not all day?

Your kids are SO cute! I love them!