While we were at the Cabin my sweet little Avery Jean turned ONE!!!! I seriously can’t believe that a year has gone by already. Looking back it seems like she was born FOREVER ago just because we’ve had so much happen in the past year. But looking at her and seeing how big she is now makes me feel like her first year FLEW by! She went from my sweet little newborn baby girl to a big girl overnight! Not that she’s a big girl but she’s well on her way and it makes me sad that its going so fast!
One Year Ago (Photo by Jewelimage Photography)
Her FIRST Birthday (Photo by ME :-)
A few things about her:
-she LOVES her Daddy! And I mean LOVES him. I don’t think any of our kids have preferred him over me as much as Avery does. Whenever he walks in the room she starts flapping and squealing and saying “daddy”!
-her favorite word is “hi” and she says it to everyone and everything. People walking by in the grocery store, cars next to us at stop lights, pictures on the wall, Lucy, tv’s, toys EVERYTHING!! And when she says it she waves! It is SOOOOOO cute!
-her favorite things to eat are bananas, cheese and anything sweet (yep, she’s mine). When we put things on her tray she starts grabbing with both hands and stuffing her mouth. It’s hilarious!
-She is absolutely LOVED and ADORED by all her siblings. Even after a year they still can’t get enough of her and she loves it!
-She SINGS all the time! I’m not kidding. She LOVES music and singing. Whenever we’re in the car she’s humming, singing, lalaing,etc. She even sings herself to sleep sometimes. Our future American Idol!
-She is quite the flirt. I pick up Spencer and 3 other boys from school every other week and as soon as they get in the car Avery turns on the charm. She flirts, giggles, performs all her tricks and thinks she’s quite fancy. The cutest part is that these cool 12 year dudes melt when they see her and give her whatever she wants. I think we might be in trouble with her!
-She crawls faster than any baby I know and though she has taken a few steps she much prefers crawling to walking!
We are so grateful for the blessing Avery is to our Family. I truly can’t imagine my life without her. She is a fun, happy, lovable little girl and she has brought a peace and completeness to our home. Happy Birthday Baby girl!
6 comments:
We love her too!! She is a sweetheart and a gem!
How awful it would be without our precious Avery. She really does complete the family. We can hardly believe that she is 1. Cutest bug in S.R.
So sweet!! Can't believe she's 1!!!
Oh my gosh, she's SOOO adorable. So fun to hear about everything she does. The singing sounds so cute!
BTW... Chris was confused about the cookie cutter comment and I had to remind him. We couldn't stop laughing. Seriously, you have the BEST memory!
We love avery! And are so glad you live close by so she and Zoey can grow up together.
Oh my good gracious!!!!! Where to begin? First of all, she looks EXACTLY the same now as she did the day she was born. Seriously...EXACTLY...just bigger and with teeth! I love it! Second of all...I LOVE her 'hi's'. There really is nothing cuter. Next, Reecey was the same way with her singing. She sang constantly! And last, but not least, I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment