Granddad has long talked about taking the kids fishing and this year he finally made it happen. Before coming out to the cabin he bought some fishing poles for the kids. After Golf one afternoon he rounded up the troops and headed off to the fishing hole with the kids and dads. Julie and I came along as the Paparazzi. (Shout out to Nana and Heather who stayed at the house with the babies and Josh and Brooklynn because the babysitter had the stomach flu!)
When we first got to the pond Granddad told the kids to hang tight while he put the line in the water of one of the poles. Within seconds of the line hitting the water he had a fish. The whole afternoon continued like that. Each one of the kids caught at least one fish and few of them caught two. It was so exciting to watch and as soon as we would hear “I got one”, Julie and I were there to document it! The best part was when Uncle Steve started gutting the fish. He made the big boys help him. Jacks face says it all. He was sooooo grossed out as was Spencer. Tyler, on the other hand got right into it and gutted his first fish. Steve took the fish back to the house and grilled them up. Everyone had a taste and surprisingly loved it.
Enjoy the pics!
LOGAN- got totally into it (that’s why there are so many pics of him:-). He couldn’t get enough!
BRADY- was just happy to be there. As soon as he caught his fish he handed the rod over and was done for the day. He did love watching everyone else though!
GARETT-loved reeling in his fish. One time he got so anxious to get the thing out of the water that he lost him from reeling to fast! By the end he got the hang of it!
NATALIE- was loving it all. She’s such a cute little girlie thing but she knows how to get her hands dirty and doesn’t mind at all! LOVE that about her!
TYLER- wins the “best sport” award. He had no problems touching the fish and even gutting it. The second picture is him after he got fish guts all over his hands! While I was watching him cut the fish open I couldn’t help but think that he is definitely his fathers son!
JACKSON- I LOVE this pic of JB. Steve forced him (and Spencer) to gut the fish. His face says it all as he sticks his finger down the fish throat!
ANNIE- had so much fun learning to toss the line and slowly reel it in. She caught 2 fish with her awesome skills!
SPENCER- caught three fish! He was a pro by the end and got reeling good at tossing the line out.
THE PAPARAZZI- Julie (pic on the left) and I (pic on the right) had a blast taking pictures of everyone. We weren’t even allowed to try to fish because we didn’t have a license. Only the kids did!
2 comments:
What cute pics and wonderful memories!! I couldn't help but think of all the times Grandpa took me fishing!!
I love the paparazzi pics!!hehe
I love the paparazzi pictures. Too funny. What a great Grandpa outing!
Post a Comment