July 4th is one of my FAVORITE Holidays! I love that everyone is HAPPY!!! There is just a feeling of UNITY and CELEBRATION around that everyone feels without even saying anything. Last year I missed out on our festivities so this year had to be extra special.
Since the 4th was on a Sunday this year, we actually started Celebrating on Saturday with a Ward Breakfast at the Park. We woke up early and decorated the kids bikes for the bike parade and headed to the park. Garett got to POST THE COLORS for the morning Flag Ceremony. After that we heard a beautiful rendition of “The Star Spangled Banner” by a beautiful and talented family in our ward. After that we were able to hear from Congressman Mckeon, who is in our ward! We had a great time visiting with new friends, eating yummy food and playing games with the kids! It was a great way to start the weekend!
Later that afternoon the fun continued when Papa and Gramma drove up to spend the night with us. The kids had a blast playing in the pool with Adam and Papa. Diving contests, swimming races and trying to splash Gramma and I watching from the side.
Spencer trying to “Tackle” Adam into the Water
Poor Lucy even went for a swim. She HATES getting wet but I couldn’t resist tossing her in!
When we lived in CALIFORNIA all those years ago, one of the perks of the community we lived in was the FIREWORKS show they put on every 4th. Moving back to the same community we were excited for this years show. So Sunday, we invited all of Adam’s family to come for a BBQ at our house and to watch the fireworks. It was such a wonderful and relaxing afternoon. The food was GREAT, the weather was perfect and the firework show was fabulous!
The Traditional FLAG BROWNIES
Cousin Dave and Cheri’ (Dave is Adam’s cousin) Papa and Dan
Cute Babies
a HAPPY Birthday Girl (Lovely’s birthday is July 5th)
The Matriarch and Patriarch of it all!
Cute boys! Logan and G with cousin Liam (Dave and Cheri’s little guy) and with friend Nikolas
It’s not often that this baby boy slows down long enough for a snuggle AND a picture with his mama!
Baby’s 1st Fireworks Show
Friends from our ward that were sitting next to us at the park!
It was a perfect CELEBRATION until about 4:00 the next morning when Adam, Annie, Garett, Greg, MarJane and I all started feeling sick. Within a few hours the stomach flu had us in its grip and wasn’t letting go. Adam, Spencer, Annie and Daniel (he and Jill had spent the night) had a 8:00 tee time and were bound and determined to make it but ended up coming home after 9 holes. Adam got sick right in front of the Club House. Not good! Dan and Jill made a quick get away, Greg and MJ courageously headed for home and Spencer and Logan (who had been sick earlier in the week) took care of Avery and the rest of us. Thankfully by the next morning we were all feeling MUCH better! Don’t think we’ll be serving brownies and turkey burgers at our house for a while though!
PS- Ryan and Nic didn’t come up to our place cause I’m mean and told them that since they’d had sick people at their house less than 24 hours before they couldn’t come! So much for that since we all got sick any way! Sorry guys! We missed you a TON!
3 comments:
I love the fourth too! It makes me so happy! And I must say that you look absolutely beautiful in the picture with Logan, what a babe!
Who's traditional flag brownies?????
Julie, If you notice I wrote "THE" traditional flag brownies, not "MY" traditional flag brownies. Yes indeed you introduced them to me the first time years ago but I still make them every year and thus they are "THE TRADITIONAL FLAG BROWNIES" which by the by, I won't be eating any time soon since I got sick the next day! BLAH!!!
Post a Comment