Sunday, July 11, 2010

Garett’s Baptism Day

g's baptism collage 

When you have a child, you always think of the “milestones” they will go through in their life. Things like their FIRST birthday, their first steps, their first day of school, etc. One of the milestones I think about is their Baptism day. Yesterday was Garett’s Baptism Day and was so special for all of us! So many of our friends and family came to support him and he could not have been more excited. He’s been looking forward to this day for a long time and you couldn’t get the smile off of his face! Adam was able to baptize and confirm him and we were blessed to have Nana, Granddad, Papa, Granddad, Nicole and her kids (Ryan was sick), Laura, Kevin and Zoey, Daniel and Jill, The Fransons, Ostergards, Hasketts and Kirby’s, all friends from our ward here and Veronica and Mark Osmers, our former neighbors from Colorado who moved to SO. CAL the year before we did.

At the baptism their was a little girl in our ward who was baptized too. Her mom thought it would be nice for us to each take a minute and spotlight our kids. When I was thinking of what I wanted to spotlight about him I thought of the scripture in Alma 53 that describes Helaman’s 2000 Stripling Warriors. Each time I read that scripture I think of my boys and hope and pray that that they will be young men like the Striplings Warriors. As I thought about it I realized they already are faithful young men. I hope they can continue to be as they grow up. Garett is certainly all of the things described in the scripture. Valiant, courageous, strong, active, true and keeps the commandments!  We are so proud of our G man and the good boy he is!

It could not have been a more perfect day!

 DSC_0324DSC_0326   DSC_0329

Thank you to all our family and friends! We love you all and are grateful you could be with us on G’s special day!

DSC_0331DSC_0333

Nana and Granddad                                                                                 Papa and Gramma

DSC_0330

Our family picture (I have to say, I’m very much looking totally WORKED in these pics. I guess I kind of was but didn’t think I looked like it until I saw these pics! UUUGGGHHH!)

   DSC_0335

SOOOOOO excited to have his very own scriptures!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

We were so excited to be there with you! Ryan was sad to have missed it and sadder to be throwing up the whole day! Marin even talked all about G man today in her Primary talk about following the example of Jesus. We love the G-man and hope he loves his picture!

Lindsay said...

G-man is so cute, congrats!

Julie said...

Awwww.....what a special day! You look great Marilee!

jensenfamily said...

number one, you have 5 kids, that is awesome! I loved seeing that picture of your whole family, so cute - miss you! Erin

Julie said...

one look at that first picture and I started to cry!!!!!!! I love him!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

way to go Garrett! You are such an amazing boy. Wish I could have been there to share it with you. I'll give you an extra squeeze when I see you. LOVE you!

Amy said...

I can't believe your G man is 8!!! What an exciting time!! Love the pics!!

Lisa said...

What a great day!! Congrats Garrett!

tiffany garfield photography said...

are you serious?!!! isn't he four still? what a great day! he's so big and so darn cute! we TOTALLY want to come see you guys! we'll have to get something together once things slow down, right before they speed back up again for the holidays haha. talk to you soon! love ya!