The Fourth of July is probably one of my favorite holidays! I don't know why, especially since I'm a Canadian-born and raised. Hmmmmm! Anyway, I love the fourth and this year in deciding what to do to celebrate, my sisters, sister in law and I all decided it would be fun to meet in Utah and go to the Stadium of Fire. Stadium of Fire you ask? Yes! Because this year guest performers were the JONAS BROTHERS!!! Our girls would be thrilled, and so, as it were, we all bought tickets and the planning began. Well, as the 4th of July drew closer, I realized I'd be too close to my due date to be able to travel. My dr. said nothing after June 27th, but the real reason was because my health insurance wouldn't cover me if I was 2 hours outside where I live within a month of my due. If anything were to happen and my baby was born in Utah, we'd be up a creek! So, since the tickets were already purchased, and all the cousins would be there, I insisted that Adam go ahead without me and take the kids to Utah. Let me just say it was the
DUMBEST IDEA I'VE EVER HAD!!!!
Seriously, being home alone for 5 days, over the weekend of my favorite holiday was SOOOOOO not a good idea!!!! I was sooooo lonely! Normally, the idea of being home alone in my house for 5 days is very appealing. All the things I could get done....but being 9 months pregnant, and it being a Holiday, made it not so fun! I did get quite a bit done, and enjoyed the quiet mornings, but that was about it. I LONGED so badly to be with my husband, children, sisters, brother and their families. I cried almost every time I talked to Adam and heard about how much fun they were having! I am glad they were able to go, but would never recommend it to anyone! I should have made everyone come out here to see me! :-) No Jonas Brothers, but we could have found something fun to do!
Anyway, while Adam and the kids were in Utah, I asked my sister to send me some pics of their fun! Julie will probably post some of these on her blog so sorry if you are seeing them twice! Here they are:

On Thursday, Adam, TJ and Steve went golfing so my awesome sisters (AKA the best aunties in the world) took ALL the kids to BOONDOCKS for a little fun, games and mini golf. Logan, Josh, Brady, Heather, Natalie, Tyler and Brooklynn

Spencer, Garett, Jackson, Annie

Julie was so smart and planned ahead getting tickets for everyone to go to the Open House of the Oquirrah Mountain Temple. THIS was a REALLY hard thing for me to miss. I have such wonderful memories of going through the Open House of the Alberta temple when I was growing up. I was soooo sad not to be there with my husband and children for the first time my kids would get to see the Temple.

On the afternoon of the 3rd, Ryan, Amber, Justin, Adam, Spencer, Annie, Julie and Jackson all decided they wanted to run in the annual FREEDOM FESTIVAL RUN. They drove down to Provo to " HOGI YOGI" to register for the 5K. Another tough thing to miss since Adam and I ran in it last year and had a great experience. This picture is of Annie and Jack before the race! I have to say this is one of my favorite pics from the weekend. Annie and Jack are only a week a part and are the BEST of pals! Julie and I joke that they were supposed to be twins but Heavenly Father knew that neither of us could handle having two babies, so instead he sent them to the same family so they could be cousins!

The kids before the race: Amber, Spencer, Justin, Annie and Jackson

Kids and Adults: Julie, Ryan, Adam

I haven't gotten any pics of the "Stadium of Fire" yet but have received reports from everyone about how amazing it was. They tail gated before the concert at the Stadium (the above picture is of all the girlie cousins minus Amber, Reece and Grace, in their matching t-shirts) and then, apparently, The Jonas Bros ROCKED and the fireworks were amazing!!! Spencer reported to me that it was the BEST FOURTH OF JULY EVER!!!!
A HUGE shout out to my awesome siblings and their spouses for helping Adam with the kids! ESPECIALLY my sisters and sister in law Nicole! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
And I can't forget to mention how AWESOME my wonderful husband is for being THE BEST FATHER in the WORLD to take four kids, by himself to UTAH. 8 hours in the car on the way there and 10 in the car on the way home because of traffic, and all the activities in between. He said it was no big deal because once they got to Utah, the kids were in heaven playing with their cousins and their Aunties took such good care of them that he didn't feel like he was doing anything on his own at all! Still, I think he is amazing!!! Love You Honey!!!
And, NEXT year, be rest assured that I WILL NOT be missing out on our fourth of July festivities, no matter where we end up celebrating!
10 comments:
oh, I feel so bad! That is a total bummer to miss out on that - I wish we had been here last weekend, I would have come and read to you or something:) Well, now it's over and you'll be pregnantless in 1.5 weeks - sweet! We are going out of town tomorrow morning, but there are delicious cookies in my freezer for you that I made today - come and get 5 handfuls! call yvette for our garage code since I probably shouldn't post in on a blog:)~ erin
Yeah....I'm with ya on the whole 4th of July always being so fun! So I'm sorry you had to spend it alone!! Sounds like everyone had such a great time, just wish I could have seen everyone, oh well!!
That makes me so sad! Being alone is great.....for about 10 minutes. I hate being alone! We were in St. George for the 4th. I had my kids with me, but I miss having young ones on holidays. Just makes it more fun!! The big ones are fun, but in a different way. I am still in SL heading home on Sun, then back again 3 times this month! Ugg!! Can't wait to see that baby!!!
We missed you so much!!!!
What a bummer to miss out on such fun. The pictures are darling and the new temple is beautiful! we just took our family today and it was such a great experience. Hope all is well with you and can't wait to hear abut the arrival of your new baby.
You haven't had that baby yet.........KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!
The pictures look great and the Utah 4th sounds just awesome; I want to know why Nicole didn't do the race.
We missed you a ton!!!! You were such a trooper!!!!
I am so sorry that you had such a hard time! It brought a little tear to my eye thinking about how lonely you were! You should have called me, we could have done something fun! It sounds like great fun was had and, yea for you, you're only 7 days away! 7, 6,5,4......
You being home alone brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure the hormones didn't help. I can't wait - only 5 more days!
We missed you tons! And I can't even count the number of times we said-"The stadium is on fire!" Even when we were in Canada, Josh said it- I had forgotten he was with us that night! Post some baby pics!!!
Post a Comment