Saturday, June 13, 2009

Buzz Cut and More....

This week felt like Summer finally started. Not because of the weather but because of the kids activities. As far as the weather goes, its been less than stellar. Windy, cloudy, rainy and even a few tornados reported in the area (eek, scary). However, this week was the start of a long schedule of sports camps for the APC clan. One after the other...we'll be busy!

In my planning for the summer, I thought to make it go faster I'd sign the kids up for a bunch of camps. I thought I was being so wise but now looking back am realizing I should have signed them up for camps in July instead of June. I won't be able to travel in July and am feeling a bit of cabin fever. I need to go somewhere!!! BUT because of all the camps, we're stuck here for the month. Good thing we have stuff to do, right?

GOLF CAMP

This week Spencer and Annie had 3 mornings of Golf Camp at the course we belong to. When I picked them up after the first day they couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had. Learning from the Pros and meeting other kids their age who golf were the highlights, not to mention the Hats and balls they got "for free" (ummmm, who's paying for this camp?).

On the last day I told them that when I came to pick them up I'd drive them around so they could play 9 holes. As a treat, when I got there I took them into the clubhouse for a little lunch before heading out. We had such a fun time talking about what they'd learned and about how much fun golf is and how I wish I could golf right now but am a little too large and cumbursome to twist my body around that much. After lunch we headed out onto the course. After 1 1/2 holes we could hear and see thunder and lightening coming over the mountains. Uh Oh! Not another storm coming? We decided to skip a few holes to try to get in front of the storm but our efforts were in vain. It started to get cold and windy and soon the rain started. So, despite our efforts, we had to head back to the clubhouse. By the time we got in our car and started driving home we were in a full fledged down pour. So much for 9 holes today!



BUZZ CUT

After dropping Spencer and Annie off at Golf Camp the first day I took the little boys to the grocery store with me. While there I decided they both needed haircuts. After checking out we unloaded groceries in the car and headed to "Super Cuts". Upon our arrival Logan informed me that "Daddy told me I could get a buzz cut the next time". Oh did he? Logan insisted and after calling Adam to find out if that were true (it wasn't :-), I decided to let him get one anyway. He was SOOOOOO excited and surprisingly, it turned out looking pretty darn cute (but I'm the mom so you be the judge! :-) After consenting to the "Buzz" Garett was quite distraut and tried his hardest to talk Logan out of it. "Logan you'll look bald!" "Logan it's gonna look weird" "Logan, DON'T do it". Of course Logan didn't listen but Garett agreed that it looked good even though he didn't think it was going to.




CLEANING HOUSE

Yesterday I put my kids to work with the ever dreaded "jobs". They have jobs every day but with summer here and a house I can't clean by myself anymore unless I want it to take me 5 days, the kids have become my "Cleaning Crew". We start the day off making LISTS for everyone, reviewing HOW to do each job on the list and then each heading off in our separate directions! Yesterday was a DOOZIE and the kids were not happy with the length of their lists, but we got it all done! They have become such HUGE helpers to me. Afterward we went and got Ice Cream as a reward.

5 WEEKS TO GO!

Monday will be my "5 weeks to go" mark. I'm getting REALLY excited to meet this little thing, figure out what we're going to name her and not be pregnant any more, or ever again :-). Am I allowed to be excited about the last part? I hope so because I sure am! Pretty much everything is ready for baby girl: Nursery, clothes, carseat, kids, Adam and of course, ME!! As much as I would LOVE for her to come a week or so earlier than we're scheduled to be enduced, and as ready as I am for her as far as nursery, clothes, etc. when I stop and think about her coming any earlier, I have a panic attack! Everything is scheduled to happen on time. The arrivals of my mom, my mother in law, and my sister Julie, Adam's work schedule, Spencer and Annie's summer plans, sports camps, swim lessons, everything. Soooo, as much as I want her here, I still want her to wait til everything is done and all the ducks are in a row! But I do want the ducks to march a little faster so the time will pass more quickly. Ahhhhhh, the end of an era for me. The baby growing will soon be over! :-) (that is a bigger smile than it shows up to be. Imagine it as GINORMOUS!!!!)

LUCY

After 3 1/2 months I still sometimes can't believe we have a dog. Really? Seriously? I have a dog! Weird. Things are going well with her. She's potty trained, she's been spay, she graduated from Puppy Kindergarden, she has most of her adult teeth and she sleeps through the night. She still gets excited and flys around the house when someone new shows up and still tries to nip at little kids. She got Annie good the other day, but the trainer said she should grow out of that by the time she's about 7 months old if we're consistent about disciplining her when she does it. I am VERY consistent about it and she knows after she's nipped at someone, that when she sees me coming, she's in trouble. She is still as snuggly as can be and curls up on our laps every night to watch tv or read a book with one of us. She also knows commands like "come", "sit", "lie down", "wait", "go in your kennel", "leave it", "heel" and tricks like "touchdown", "turn", and "shake". The kids LOVE doing tricks with her and rewarding her with a cheesie treat. She loves it too. We just bought a baby doll that cries and giggles and burps the other day to start getting her used to a baby around. Hopefully she'll adjust to this baby alright otherwise, I told my kids, our puppy days will be over.

Here is a picture of her from the day we brought her home and one of her now.




I can't believe how much she has grown! Her coloring has changed and her puppy face isn't there anymore. She is still a sweetie though and we all love her to death!

Well, that's all for now. I know its kind of boring but if I don't keep up on stuff I'll get too far behind to want to catch up! Sorry for the lack of pics. I keep forgetting to take my camera with me. Darn! I'll try to do better.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you are busy! I think that will be good so you don't have to sit around to much and be uncomfortable! I love Logan's buzz, that is what my boys are sporting right now too, his looks somewhat like Tater's. Also, I heard a good trick once with babies and dogs. If you have Adam bring home a blanket that the baby has been wrapped in at the hospital it is supposed to help the dog get used to the 'new' smell. I don't know if it is true, but I heard it once. LOVES!

Julie said...

You make me laugh all your ducks in a row! Haha, haven't you learned by now that this baby will come at the least opportune time?? LOL And you can definitly be happy about the last part! I remember the joy, but I have to admit, I have had--in the distant past-- twinges of sadness to never be able to have that pregnant experience again. They pass as quickly as they come! lol Can you do lunch on Wed. the 24th?

Laura said...

How exciting that the baby is coming soon! I can't wait to hear what name you pick, see pictures, and meet the little puddin. I'm going out on a limb here and am guessing she'll have blond hair.

Monica said...

I think Logan looks darling in his new buzz cut! i also like your new background and picture of the kids.

Julie said...

I love Logan's buzz cute. It looks adorable! I can't believe how different Lucy looks from when she was a brand new tiny puppy! I'm glad you're keeping yourself busy busy busy. And don't worry. Once that baby arrives you won't feel stir crazy anymore!

Amy said...

I love you Mar and I'm super excited for you and this new cute little bundle of Christofferson to arrive!! Can't wait to meet her and see you!

Lucy is darling...totally changed...cute, cute puppy!

Loved seeing Spencer on Sunday just before football camp.... he's so grown-up!!!

Jill Ehat said...

When did your kids start golfing?