Monday, October 20, 2008

The Birds and The Bees

Today while driving down the street the following conversation took place behind me in the back seat:

Logan: G, do you know how we got makeded?

Garett: Uh, yeah, Jesus put us in mom's belly.

Logan: Yep, that's right. Jesus builded us and then put us in momma's tummy and now we growded big!

Can life be any sweeter (or simpler) than hearing conversations like that?

12 comments:

Julie said...

That is maybe the cutest thing I've ever heard. CUTE!!! Sorry we didn't call Annie. We'll give her a belated call tomorrow...or I guess today since it 1 a.m. and I'm still awake!?!?!

Nicole said...

I love it!!!!!!

Monica said...

How sweet. Our kids haven't had that conversation yet. I am amazed at how innocent children really are and I hope that when the time comes to explain such things I will know how to broach the subject.

Knapp family said...

OK, That is just to cute!!! I love when I hear my kids have way big conversations and but they put things into such simple terms. Mason is coming out with much bigger questions than the two younger ones and what he hears at school sometimes I cant believe my ears just heard what he said.

I miss you my friend. How are you?

Knapp family said...

I love visiting your blog!
I'll click on your add if you will click on mine. he he

Heather said...

Way too cute! I love those boys.

Lisa said...

Priceless. I love their little words. What cuties!

Kerry and Mindy said...

I was not as lucky 2 years ago when McRae asked " Mom, there is this kid in my class that said he is going to have SEX when he is 10, Mom what is sex?" Nice conversation to have over rice and chicken.. We waited till Ty was in bed and explained to my 8 yr old what exactly it is.... He keeps digging asking more questions like "Mom how long does the *^%^ stay in the *&(*&(* ? I always brag about how smart he is and it came back to bite me hard.. He was very curious.. THe whole year I kept glaring at the boy who sparked my innocent child....
Crazy.. YOu were lucky! Very sweet Mar....
love ya
Mind

Kerry and Mindy said...

I was not as lucky 2 years ago when McRae asked " Mom, there is this kid in my class that said he is going to have SEX when he is 10, Mom what is sex?" Nice conversation to have over rice and chicken.. We waited till Ty was in bed and explained to my 8 yr old what exactly it is.... He keeps digging asking more questions like "Mom how long does the *^%^ stay in the *&(*&(* ? I always brag about how smart he is and it came back to bite me hard.. He was very curious.. THe whole year I kept glaring at the boy who sparked my innocent child....
Crazy.. YOu were lucky! Very sweet Mar....
love ya
Mind

Amy said...

No it can't!! That is so cute! What a great thing to have journaled!! Out of the mouth of babes!!

Love you!

p.s. I tagged you! Check out my blog!

Heather said...

I tagged you!

Brecken said...

That is so sweet! "Builded"--how cute! I just want to squeeze them! :)