Richard and Mahalia and Adam and I standing on the Lanai'i of our Hotel Room! GORGEOUS VIEW!!
The last week of September Adam and I were able to take our Annual Trip to Hawaii with his Company. We really are lucky that he works for such an amazing company! They certainly know how to treat us! Each year, for the past 7 years they have taken all the Managers of the company and their wives/guests on an all expense paid trip to Hawaii! We always have soooo much fun golfing, hanging out at the pool, walking on the beach, eating yummy food and catching up with other managers and their wives! All the managers have meeting for the first 2 days we're there while the wives get to play! It's hard for Adam to complain though! He'd certainly rather have meetings in Hawaii than somewhere cold or dry or boring! Anyway, it's interesting to me that even though we only see the other couples once a year, we are all very close friends! Its a wonderful group of people and although we miss our kids, we enjoy every minute of being there!
This year we headed out a few days early with Richard and Mahalia Bird (Adam's Sales Manager here in Denver as well as family friend) and spent a few days on Maui! They'd never been to Hawaii before so it was fun to be with them for their first trip! They loved it! After spending 3 days on Maui we headed over to Lanai, the little Island off of Maui that has a small little town and only 2 hotels! We stayed at the Four Seasons at Manele Bay! It was our first time staying somewhere other than the Four Seasons on the Big Island! We love the Big Island but actually ended up really liking Lanai as well!
One of the days in Maui we rented Jet Ski's for an hour and zipped around! It was so fun and we even saw dolphins--up close!!
These ladies are my "Golf Gals"-Me, Sherrie, Eileen and Cheryl! Every year a group of us like to go golfing while the guys are in meetings! We always have a great time together! This year one of the girls that golfs with us wasn't able to be in Hawaii as she is undergoing treatment for Cancer! We missed her terribly and wish her all the best! Love and Prayers to you Ellie!!
Hat Girls!! Jan(left) bought her black hat early in the week! By mid week I couldn't stand looking at how cute her hat was and decided I needed one for myself! After buying it I felt like a huge copy cat until my friend Allie (center) decided she needed one to and toodled off to the gift shop to pick up one for herself! Of course we had to get a picture of us!
AnnDee, Me and Elizabeth. AnnDee is a really neat girl who has twin little girls! Elizabeth is engaged to one of the managers and is an absolute doll! So much fun and as you can see sooooo cute!
My Golf Team (two years running - shhhhhh, don't tell) This year I was a team captain for the Golf Tournament and got to help put the teams together! My team from last year was sooooo much fun and we all wanted to be back together again! With a bit of luck we were able to be together again! This year was even more fun! We laughed ourselves silly and although we REALLY wanted to win, we missed 1st place by 2 strokes and ended up in 3rd place! We're convinced that by next year we'd for sure get first place, but I was told that next year we won't be able to be together again! Oh darn!! Even though we didn't win, we sure looked cute though! :-)
I'm always sad when the trip is over cause it means a whole 'nother year to wait till I can go back! I know, poor me, right? But I lovey my Hawaii!! :-)
5 comments:
wow, what a fun trip. my work computer is blocking the photos, so i'll have to look at them on my home computer, but i can just imagine how amazing that trip was. jealousy screaming through my veins! =)
I cant see the photos either?! But sounds like a fun trip! Oh I wish - too bad owning your own company has its down side - no free trips!
I can't see the pictures either... but I can imagine it was gorgeous. Did you have any rain? Of course not. Happy Birthday to all three of you! Miss you.
Jealousy jealousy jealousy. That's all I have to say. No...it looks like fun. I'm glad you have a good time every year!
Hey Marilee. Yes I do remember you. What a small world. Scott and Elisha are some of our really good friends. We are in the same ward together and she is actually our Relief Society President. We love them! I love your blog, your kids are just darling! I'm very jealous of your trip to Hawaii. Looks like you had a great time! Take care and I'm sure I'll see you soon!
Post a Comment