Thursday, October 11, 2007

Birthday Week at Our House!

One thing that made coming home from Hawaii a bit easier was that when we got home it was our family "Birthday Week". Logan, Adam and I all had birthdays last week and we had a fun time celebrating them! Logan is now 3 years old and I can't believe my baby is so grown up! He is sooooooo much fun right now and has the cutest personality! He is always saying the funniest things and constantly has us all laughing. Just a few of his cute sayings:

While Adam was getting ready for work at 6:00 in the morning the other day he woke up and ran into see him. I was half asleep but heard him ask Adam in a loud whisper "Daddy, the sun is coming up! It's morning time already!"

While we were watching Conference on Sunday Morning he asked (again in a loud whisper) "Daddy, is Jesus there?" He was so good and actually sat and watched all two hours of the Sunday Morning Session! I think he really thought Jesus was going to be there and he in no way wanted to miss out on that!

Sunday afternoon the kids and I made a Birthday Card for Adam and I asked each of them to tell me a few reasons they love Daddy. Each of them came up with the cutest reasons. Spencer said he loved him "because he teaches us good lessons during FHE". One of Annie's was "because he holds the Priesthood and will be able to baptize me". One of Garett's was "I love daddy because of what he is: A daddy" and last but not least, one of Logan's was "I love him because he's handsome, (short pause) and I'm handsome!"

Anyway, Logan really is so much fun. If I had to describe him I would say that he is the only 3 year old I know who LOVES life and lives each day to the fullest. I love laying in bed in the morning, hearing his door open, then shut and then hear his little feet sprinting down the hall to come to our room. He always stops right as he walks in and has the look on his face that says "Tada, here I am, let the day begin!" and he goes until he falls asleep each night! He is such a HUGE blessing to our family and adds so much spunk and personality to each day!! Happy Birthday little man!! We Love You!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

For cute! He is such a cute, happy, handsome little 3 year old. Madison watched with me and she loved it, especially the picture of her and Logan!

Heather said...

First, he is so dang cute! I love you Logan. Second, thanks for including the lovely photo of me - HaHa, what a beauty queen I am. Third, why do they grow so fast :( it makes me sad that they have to grow so fast. And finally, what is it about him that reminds me of Josh, I think they have the same dirty sparkle in the eye, their teeth look so much alike and of course the coloring, but I don't know what else, they could totally be brothers. I love you, looks like you have had lots of fun!

Julie said...

Oh I so love him. He looks just the same today as he did the day he was born. I love his dirty twinkling eyes and your description of him is perfect. He is a kid who lives every day to its fullest! I love you Logan!

Louise said...

What fun and cute updates! Nice, and crazy to be able to knock out so many BDay's at once! Happy Birthday Ya'll!

Anonymous said...

hey mar,
your link on your site goes to my old posts, you need to relink it and just do web.mac.com/burtonsnorth and make sure there is nothing after that. that is the problem with the link...
jessica

Joy H said...

What a great little guy --- Happy belated birthday to him (and all of you!)