About 4 months ago my friend Jenn called me and asked if I'd like to do the Avon Breast Cancer Walk with her this summer. Her mother in law passed away last summer from Breast Cancer and she really wanted to do something to honor her! Since this year is Mom's 5 year Cancer Free Anniversary I thought it would be the perfect time to finally participate in such an event! To participate we both had to raise $1800 to donate to the Avon Breast Cancer Research. It seemed like a daunting task but within a month we both had raised the money and then some!! Thank you to all my friends and family who donated to this important cause! Because of your support tomorrow I will particpate in my first ever Breast Cancer Walk! I will be walking in the "Avon Walk for Breast Cancer" in Downtown Denver! I am sooooooo excited!
Today we went to check in and both Jenn and I walked away feeling overwhelmed with the emotion associated with the event! It is UNBELIEVABLE how many people are affected by this disease in one way or another! Personally I have been affected by it in three different ways! My Aunt Rita passed away when I was only about 7 or 8 years old from Breast Cancer, My mom had it and I currently have a friend who is slowly losing her battle with it! And that's just me! Every person in the huge room we were in had similar connections with the disease! With so many of these events around the world to raise money for research, hopefully someday a cure will be found!
Below is a picture of the back of the shirt I'll be wearing tomorrow! Click on the picture for a larger view!
2 comments:
That is so awesome! It made me emotional just to read it. You're a great person for taking on this task and doing your part to help the fight against breast cancer. You rock!
Okay...I so need to have this baby. I cried when I saw the t-shirt! I need to stop being such an emotional basket case. And Lindsay has an excuse for crying too since she's only 2 1/2 weeks post-pardum (sp?) I'm' proud of you sis.
Post a Comment