Whoever said "It's the most wonderful time of the year" should have said "It's the most busiest time of the year!". Every year I say I'm going to simplify Christmas but somehow it never turns out that way! However, as busy as it is, I do love this time of the year!
This week has been soooooo crazy busy! It started last Sunday night when we had some friends over to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional! It is such a good way to start off December and feel the Christmas Spirit! Then on Tuesday night our ward had its Annual Relief Society Enrichment Christmas Dinner at our house. We set up the basement with tables and chairs decorated with Nativities for the centerpieces. There was enough seating for 75 people. Turned out that 67 showed up. Dinner was sooooo yummy and we had a fun time just being together. Our ward was divided last Sunday so we are no longer going to see each other very much. I LOVE our ward and am sad that we have split but as our Stake President says, dividing wards, though sad, is a good sign that the church is growing!
Early Thursday morning, Adam and I flew to Utah to attend the Marcus and Millichap Salt Lake Office Holiday Dinner! We ate at a restaurant in Park City called the Riverhorse! It was FABULOUS!!! I would reccommend it to any Park City goers! GREAT food and fun atmosphere! The SLC office is doing great and has grown in the past 4 years from 2 agents to 7!
Today we flew home from Utah and are currently hosting eight 9 year olds for Spencer's birthday party! Can we say WILD!!!!!!! The boys are having a blast! They are all so funny, competeing to be heard, trying to be funny, acting so grown up, but still being little boys! (there have been a few tears from them when something doesn't go their way). Since it's a sleep over, I will be VERY happy tomorrow morning at 9:30 when the parents come to pick up their boys!
This next week will prove to be just as busy as this one was. I'll be finishing up my Christmas shopping, shipping 2 big boxes (maybe 3) of gifts to California to await our arrival, going to Garett's preschool Christmas concert, helping to plan and run Annie's Holiday Class Party, going to our Girls Christmas Dinner/gift exchange with my girlfriends, hanging with Mindy cause she's coming in town for the dinner, attending Adam's Denver holiday Christmas Party, going to our ward Christmas party, taking our Christmas Card Family picture as well as writing the annual letter (Adam does that) and packing to get ready to head to CA. I'm tired just thinking about what lies ahead!!
I'm sure you are all just as busy we are but hope you are all surviving the season! I'll post some pictures of Spencer's party tomorrow!
3 comments:
You are a crazy woman! I don't know how you do it without losing your mind! I had a busy morning yesterday and it just about did me in. You have a busy everyday, all day! You're my hero!
You are very brave to have a sleepover for your son with so many little boys. I try to keep all of my kids parties to about 2 to 3 hours for my own sanity!!!! Sounds like your holidays are full of excitment. Got an email from Boyd the other day with his address if you want it. It was so good to hear from him! Love ya!
I'm glad blogger isn't blocked here in China anymore so Cam and I can see what's going on with the fam. I hope when we have a few kids I'll have at least half the energy to do all that you do- you are such a fun mom! Have a great Christmas season,
Julie and Cam
Post a Comment