Thursday, July 05, 2007

Who does this kid belong to?

The other day I took the kids to this really cool park in Littleton called Bellview Park. It's got the typical playground and such, but it also has this really cool little stream that kids can wade around in, a petting zoo, a train ride and lots of space to run around and explore. So went over there with some friends of ours whose son (and actually their entire family) is, as Spencer puts it, "all about nature" (you have to say it with Spencer's "r" speech impediment for the full effect!) Anyway, as the kids were exploring they found a garder snake. Of course they had to bring it to the moms to show us. As soon as Logan saw it he was completely intrigued!!! He HAD to touch it, hold it, squeeze it, etc. He grabbed on and with some gentle coaxing from the older kids finally let go of it. So here is the question for you...."Who does this kid belong to?" Neither Adam or I, or any of our other three children for that matter have ever had an interest in reptiles, or most other animals and creatures! Annie loves dogs, Annie and I love horses, the kids like to go to the zoo and thats about it! Spencer does put forth a good effort when playing with his "all about nature" friend Hogan but you can still see the hesitancy (is that a word) behind his eyes! Anyway, that all said, I had to take a picture of Logan and the snake! I'm telling you, this kid has NO FEAR!!!


2 comments:

Heather said...

I love it, that is so funny. He would have loved the 5 foot snake my friend Christy had in her yard!

Lindsay said...

That is such a cute pictures of Logan. He is such a boy and I love that he's all dirty and has a bruise on his head, or is it dirt? Anyways, it's cute! I read this whole post outloud to Madison. She loves all animals and was making a hissing noise when I was finished.