Can you see the two broken ribs on this xray?

WHAT HAPPENED?
Adam and some guys from work went up to Vail for the weekend to snowboard. They had an epic day on Friday with great weather and spring snow conditions. Saturday started out just as great until my 33 year old, father of 4, husband decided to hit the terrain park and go over three huge jumps. He hit the first two great. When he hit the third he was going too fast and hit it a little out of control. Of course he still had to do the "GRAB" move but when he landed, his board was not where it should be (under him). It was behind him so he landed on the left side of his head and on his left side. He had the wind knocked out of him pretty bad. He tried to slide out of the way for the oncoming jumpers and knew he was in bad shape when he could barely move. They got the ski patrol up there and had to take him down in the sled.
You can see from these pictures that he was in a lot of pain as they strapped him onto the sled.
At the bottom of the mountain, they loaded him onto an ambulance in a neck brace and backboard. They were worried about his spine because of where his pain was. SCARY!!
At the Hospital they did some xrays and further tests and thankfully he only had 2 broken ribs. It could have been much worse so for that we are soooooo grateful. Especially considering how he landed and how fast and high he was going off the jump.
I have never seen Adam in so much pain. The ribs are broken on his back, close to his spine so just breathing is painful but he is being a trooper and thanks to his VICADIN, he is able to move around a little bit.
The worst part of this whole thing for him is of course GOLF!! There will be no twisting and turning for about 6 weeks. We go to FLORIDA in 2 weeks with the kids so we'll see how he does on the rides. He may get DUMBO duty!! Hee Hee Hee!!! We'll let you know!
6 comments:
How scary! It took me awhile to see the broken ribs, but I finally found them. WOW! It's not just like a hairline fracture or anything, it's a full on break! Colton talked to Adam on Saturday and said that he sounded like he was in a lot of pain. Poor guy! What a blessing that he only ended up with two broken ribs.
Crazy, silly, Uncle Adam! As I said on the phone I'm glad that he's not dead or paralyzed cause that would make for a really sad and crappy FL trip. As for Dumbo duty, at least I'd have a friend other then Brady and Logan!
that's awful! but like you said, it could have been way worse...someone was watching out for him!
Oh Ada, I am so sorry! I am just glad you didn't get paralyzed or something worse than 2 broken ribs. Hopefully you heal quickly. We love you guys!
What were you thinking? AHHHHHH! I'm glad he's ok- It may just be my pregnant hormonal self, but just looking at him in pain made me cry! He is my little brother after all!
Poor Adam! And poor you Mar! I would have freaked out if it was my husband. He is really lucky that he didn't do more damage to himself. I'm glad that he is okay! I hope you heal quickly Adam!
Post a Comment