Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rise All Loyal Cougars!!

Just to give you an idea of how much my family LOVES BYU and especially BYU FOOTBALL, my Freshman Year my dad bought me a shirt with the words to the BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY COUGAR FIGHT SONG on it! He wanted to be sure I knew the words to the song! The greatest thing about the shirt was that on the front the song was written upside down so that the person wearing it (ME) could read the words. On the back it was written right side up so people standing behind could read the words! It was hilarious and taught me the words to the song!

It has been many years since I have had much reason to sing the Cougar Fight song because the Football team has been so horrible....UNTIL NOW!! The past two weekends the Cougars played at AIR FORCE in Colorado Springs and at CSU in Fort Collins! My parents came to town and we all went to the games! The Cougs won both games, by A LOT! It was soooooo great to be able to walk back to our cars with our heads held high! I'm not sure how many times we sang the Cougar Fight Song but just to give you an idea, Spencer had it memorized by the end of the CSU game (and he didn't go to the Air Force Game which was the week before!)

Here are some pics from our fun Football Weekends! GOOOOOOOOOOOO (with your arms rolling as you would when singing pat-a-cake at the "roll it and roll it" part) COUGARS (punch your fist into the air) :-)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

the game on this weekend was AWESOME!!!!! Finally something to cheer about! Go COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my arms are rolling)

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish I could be there! I wish I could watch a game, but most of them we don't get! Love you.

shannon said...

You are killing me Mer! I love the T-shirt thing, that was hilarious. It's nice to be rooting for a winning team again!

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun at the games! It's always good when your team is winning! (Mine is on a winning streak right now too, sorry Adam!)

Julie said...

Fun! I miss BYU football. Its been so long!