Monday, August 01, 2011

The Rest of May

 

We got home from Hawaii and had a month filled with events. Some small ones, some big ones, but all events nonetheless! Here they are:

Meeting the “Suite Life” boys:

20110507183033

The day we got home from Hawaii we took the kids into the SF Valley to go to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The wait was of course long so Adam took G, Logan and Avery outside to walk around and play on the nearby escalator. While going up they noticed the boys from “The Suite Life of Zach and Cody” coming down the other side. G ran as fast as he could back to the restaurant to get Spencer and Annie. After composing themselves, they got up the courage to walk up to them and Spencer asked if they could get a picture with them! They were such nice, cute boys! High fived each of the kids and asked what their names were! Really nice guys!

MOTHERS DAY TEA

DSC_0285

At the school the Kindergarteners host a fun little afternoon “tea” for the moms the Monday after Mother’s Day! It’s the Mother’s Day tea! Logan was soooo excited to have me there and I’m so glad I was able to go! He loves school and loves showing me all the things he has learned and made! He may be a turkey at home sometimes but his teachers love him and say he’s an excellent little student who makes good choices. We are so proud of him this year! Can’t wait to see how first grade goes next year! Love you Logan!

GARETT’s FIRST PINEWOOD DERBY

20110512215302

IMG00092-20110514-0853IMG00091-20110514-0848

I’m not quite sure how we pulled it off but when Spencer was a Cub Scout he was only ever in the Pinewood Derby one time and Adam and I were out of town so we helped him make the car and then didn’t even “get” to watch! I think it was because the Derby for our Stake always fell over Spring Break and we were usually out of town! Spencer didn’t really care though and for that, we were sooooo happy! Fast forward to now….Garett has been soooooo excited about being able to participate in the Pinewood Derby! He planned out what he wanted his car to look like and when he realized that it would be me helping him make the car, his hopes and dreams changed a bit and he came up with the car you see above (minus the wheels- I don’t think we ever took a picture of the final version with wheels but I’m sure you get the picture!)  I was at a basketball tournament with Annie the day of the Derby so Adam and Logan went to support G and his “Firebolt”. Garett’s car won an award which the name of has escaped me but he also won a few of the heats he was in too! Overall the Derby did not disappoint for him and he can’t wait til next year! Me on the other hand, well, lets just say that next year Derby Car Duty is going to be falling on Adam! Smile

AVERY 21 MONTHS

DSC_0287DSC_0289

We can’t believe how fast our baby girl is growing up! She is going to be 2 in a few months and time is just flying by way too fast! Some her favorite things are: Watching Barney (lucky us), playing with Logan, taking swimming lessons (see below), wearing bows in her hair and pulling them out halfway through the day, our dog “Sucy” (Lucy), Daddy, “Nannie” (Annie) and playing outside whenever she gets the chance! She is so much fun and brings so much joy to our lives every single day! She is such a huge blessing in our lives!

20110511114629

GOOD MOM DAY!

One Friday Morning a few girlfriends and I decided to take our kids to a Griffith Park to ride the ponies, go on the train and play at the playground.We also invited my sister in law, Laura and my niece, Zoey to meet us there. Its been awhile since I have done any “field trips” with my kids and I’ve never done any with just Avery! I used to do things like this all the time with my other kids but with all the chaos of life with older kids, school and schedules haven’t done it with Avery. We had such a fun time and Avery LOVED every minute of it! It’s a “Good Mom Day” when I put aside all the things I have on my list and spend my day doing something different and fun with one or all of my kids! This day was definitely a “Good Mom Day”! 

DSC_0295

DEFINITELY my daughter! Look at how comfortable and relaxed she was riding the horse! I couldn’t believe what a natural she was and this was her first time ever seeing a horse in person, let a lone riding one! Do I dare say I see a cowgirl in our future??? Winking smile

DSC_0291

Don’t know what she is pointing at but I LOVE this picture! Look at the rolls on her arms and her chubby little finger! She’s so dang cute!

DSC_0322

My poor little Niece, Zoey! She was trying to be brave right up until I strapped her onto the saddle and then she wanted NONE of it! I’m a mean Auntie though cause I wouldn’t get her off until I took her picture! I still chuckle every time I look at this! Poor little thing!

DSC_0323DSC_0324

Avery and her little friend from church, Brinley! They are exactly 1 week a part and the cutest little things. Brinley’s mom, my good friend Juliann, and I joke that we sure hope these little girls get a long cause as of now, they are all they’ve got as far as kids their age at church! So far they just love eachother!

DSC_0328

Zoey was MUCH happier on the train than she was on the horse!

DSC_0331DSC_0332

The Train with Juliann, Kristi, Brinley, Camden and Caleb!                               Avery LOVING kisses from Auntie “Lola”

 

GARETT TURNS 9

20110521113621

Will, Owen, Camille, Logan and Garett

Garett’s biggest wish was to go to Universal Studios for his Birthday Party! At first we thought there was no way either Adam or I wanted to do that, but as the day drew closer we decided he could bring 3 friends plus Logan! We had a great time and Garett may still be flying high from it.

20110521135257

A little lunch please?

DSC00059DSC00050

Jurassic Park Ride was SOOO fun!                                                Hugs for the Birthday Boy!            

DSC_0353DSC_0355

9 is A LOT of candles!!!!

THE WOOGS VISIT!!!

DSCN1717Annie and Mady 2011

Megan and Spencer. These two are like brother and sister!                      Annie and Mady! Two Peas in a Pod!!

DSCN1718

                                                                    Scott and Lynette with Adam and I

Over Memorial Day Weekend our beloved neighbors, Scott, Lynette, Megan, Mady and MaKenna, from Colorado were at Disneyland so we dropped the kids off for a few hours and then met up with them again on Sunday for dinner at Ryan and Nicole’s house! It was SOOOOOO great seeing them..

 

1 comment:

Juliann said...

Get ready, b/c now that I'm not prego, and Camden will be in school, I'm going to be planning some more "Good Mom Days" and dragging you along!! That was a fun day, and I love the picture of them holding hands. Cute, cute!!