Thursday, January 06, 2011

Trip to Florida- Day 3: Downtown Disney

The third day of our trip was Sunday, which for me always seems to put me in a quandry. To play or not to play? Being the Sabbath we of course like to do things a little more “Sabbath Dayish” but being that we are in Florida on Vacation how Sabbath Dayish should we be. Now before I get into what we ended up doing, let me just say that the quandry I was in was self induced and that the reality of it all is that I know exactly what we should have done: go to church, come back to the hotel and stay inside. With the number of people that we had to deal with (all 21) we decided that going to church would be a major productions and that making the kids stay inside the hotel all day would be pure torture for everyone involved! So what did we do you ask? We didn’t go to any of the theme parks and stuck around the hotel for most of the day. In the morning all of the kids spent a few hours working on the homework their teachers had sent with them. After they had worked for a few hours they were getting restless and hungry and with not much food in our cupboards we ventured out to find something to eat at Downtown Disney. The hotel offered a boat service that would take us straight there so we all piled onto it and off we went. We ended up eating at a copycat “Rainforest Café” type restaurant called “T-Rex” or something and then wondered around all the shops. The favorite stopping place was the Lego store with all its building stations. There was even a race track where you could build a Lego car and then race it down the ramp. From the pictures you’ll see that it was hard to tell who was having more fun!

DSC_1644

Waiting for the boat to come pick us up from the Hotel

DSC_1649DSC_1650DSC_1651

       Cute little Brookie and Nanny Rae                      Nana, Noah and Heather                            Annie and Jack

DSC_1652DSC_1653DSC_1654

         Ty and Spencer                                   Logan, Brady and G                                      Me, Ju and Joshie

DSC_1656DSC_1658

Our AWESOME Babysitter Brigette                                           All the kids outside the restaurant!

 

THE LEGO STORE

DSC_1660

Yes the dinorsaur is 100% Lego

Steve’s Car

DSC_1674DSC_1663

TJ’s Car

DSC_1672DSC_1664

And the Winner is……

DSC_1675

TJ’s car won by a landslide! Sorry Steve, maybe next time!

DSC_1668DSC_1671

                           What a handsome boy!!!                            These two were in HOG HEAVEN with all the Lego around them!

DSC_1676 

Walking back to the boat Heather noticed that Josh had been wearing his shorts backwards all day. He didn’t even care a bit!

CSC_1679

On the boat ride home the driver yelled at Steve because he stood up to switch seats! It was HILARIOUS! This was Jackson’s faced after the scary driver yelled at Steve!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Haha, so funny! I love the picture of Tater's shorts and the one of Jackson's expression. Good times!

Tamara said...

Hey Mar - So, this is the first time I've read anyone's blog in about a year! :) Until I read your 2nd post, I thought you were in Florida again! ha ha I have given up even trying to go back and catch up on my old posts - so I am very impressed with your diligence.

Anyway, great to catch up on your life a little. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I miss you!!!