Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dads, Boats and More Cousins- Summer Vacation Part 2

Late on Friday night the Empeys arrived carrying with them Julie’s husband TJ. Later that night Adam, who had flown into Calgary that afternoon, arrived with my dad, who had picked him up from the airport. With the dad’s and Empey’s arrival, the next day was sure to be a fun filled day with LOTS of people!

Morning dawned and Dad, Adam, TJ and Steve woke early to head to the Golf course. The moms and kids woke up slowly, packed lunches and got ready for the boat! As soon as the dads came home we were off! It was a little crazy since the boat had to be launched and Julie and I were the lucky ones who got to go with dad to do it! While we were pulling the boat out of storage I fessed up on a 22 year secret and told my dad that “ I HATE LAUNCHING THE BOAT” Dad just looked at me and chuckled but I seriously HATE doing it! Especially this boat! It’s huge, its expensive and its not all ours! My dad shares it with my Uncle and cousins so if anything bad happens we’re toast! Its A LOT of pressure. But, since I’ve been doing it with my dad since I was 14 (Julie and Heather have helped for almost as long) I always get picked to go with him! Thankfully it was an uneventful launch and we finally got it in the water and headed over to pick everyone up at the beach! The kids had a blast tubing and jumping in the water.

Later in the day more cousins showed up from Calgary to join in the fun. They pulled the “Party Boat” out onto the lake too. I think in all there were 30 of us on two boats! Some of the kids gave waterskiing a try with Auntie Julie in the water helping!

 IMG_1533Garett got up on skis with help from Auntie Julie! He didn’t stay up long, but he did get up! He was soooooo excited!!!!

 IMG_1501 IMG_1503

Campbell is such a fun and adorable girl!!!                                              Reecey’s the Birthday Girl!!

IMG_1504 IMG_1507

Have you ever seen smiles so big! These kids LOVE the boat!

 IMG_1519 IMG_1521IMG_1526

Adam wake surfing with the kids (Logan and Brady) riding with him.                      Steve wake surfing

IMG_1522 

Driving the boat with Granddad is a FAVORITE treat for all the kids!

IMG_1523

Nana assumes the water watching, baby holding position! Look at cute Noah jammed into his life jacket. He just vegged and slept!  

IMG_1527 IMG_1528

TJ and Adam laughing about something!                                                 Jenny and Julie! 

 DSC_0392

After the boat back at the house for dinner!

 DSC_0407

G with baby Penny

DSC_0410

Julie, Kelly, Me and Jen…don’t know why I don’t take more pics with these girls! I truely love them as sisters! Wish we could see eachother more!

  DSC_0397

Reece celebrated her 2nd birthday on this day! She is getting so big!

All in all day one was everything we LOVE the cabin to be!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Fun, it seems so long ago! BTW that was me in the water helping G - Julie got in after I was toooooo cold. Silly lady. He was so cute getting up, he always surprises me because for as quiet as he can be, he is quite adventurous. LOVES!

Julie said...

Love love love it! It makes me miss you so its a good thing we've got Florida in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!

Nicole said...

Wasn't it Reece's 3rd birthday? I love the new layout of the blog!