Saturday, May 24, 2008

100 Things About Me

After reading a bunch of peoples 100 things, I wondered if I could come up with 100 things about me. Still not sure if I can, but I'll give it a go....

1. I am a mother of 4
2. My Husband is Adam
3. I've lived in Calgary, Utah, California and Colorado
4. I love sports
5. I played basketball and volleyball in high school
6. My major was Physical Education
7. I was a Jr. High Girls PE teacher before I had children
8. My first car was a Berretta.
9. I stuffed cauliflour up my nose when I was 3 and had to go to the ER to have it taken out.
10. I almost died when I was 4 from an absessed lymph node in my neck that the doctors had a hard time diagnosing.
11. I met my husband when I was 14 and he was 15.
12. When I met him his hair was blonde and to this day, when I think of him I still see him as blonde.
13. We've been married 13 years this July.
14. I've started golfing in the last few years and I LOVE it
15. I've had my heart broken and whenever I talk to Young Women who are going through "break ups" I want to cry with them. (sometimes I do cry with them)
16. Secretly I wish I was Faith Hill. The voice, the hair, the legs...jealous!!!
17. My favorite calling in the church is Activity Day Leader
18. My favorite movie is "The Man From Snowy River"
19. I LOVE to travel.
20. Hawaii is my "quiet place" when I'm at the doctors office.
21. I've given birth with no drugs twice.
22. I gain a minimum of 45 lbs with each pregnancy
23. I HATE being pregnant
24. I LOVE giving birth
25. My favorite smell is newborn baby smell.
26. I am a reality tv show JUNKY (but only the good ones like "Amazing Race", "The Bachelor", "American Idol", "So You Think You Can Dance" and "Dancing with the Stars"
27. Horses are my favorite animal
28. My dream home would be to live on an acreage in a big white farm house with a big front porch,a beautiful white barn, a white fence and a few horses (of course it would have to be across the street from a Golf course for Adam)
29. My storage room is my favorite room in the house when it is all clean and organized.
30. I still have a hard time believing that I am a wife, mother and keeper of my own house. I am old enough for all that.
31. I want to go back to nursing school someday
32. I love photography and would love to get better at it.
33. Since moving to Colorado from California the thing I miss most (besides family) is the beach. I used to go there at least twice a week in the summer.
34. I have a part of my nose that I call a "bud-doop".
35. My best friend in High School, Marcie, named it.
36. My girlfriends mean everything to me. Where would I be without them?
37. As far as Mother in Laws go, mine ROCKS!!
38. As far as Father in Laws go, mine ROCKS!!
39. When Adam and I were dating, I was scared of my mother in law, obviously didn't know hse was gonna be my mother in law then even though I hoped.
40. My brother is married to my husbands sister.
41. When they got married my father in law (again, not my father in law yet) and I started talking about where Adam and I could go on our honeymoon. We got in trouble from my MIL for talking about it.
42. I LOVE being with family. My side, Adam's side, extended, etc.
43. I cry almost every time I think of my Nana, cause I miss her.
44. My daughter, Annie Elizabeth, is named after my Nana
45. The last time I saw my Nana she was in the hospital and she asked me "who's side are you on?" (she was a little crazy by then). Then she looked me in the eye and said "The good side. Are you on the good side?" I've never forgotten that.
46. I cry almost every time I think of my Bonka (grandpa) cause I miss him.
47. He died 2 hours after I brought Logan to meet him.
48. I am a bit of a procrastinator.
49. I have 18 nieces and nephews
50. My first boyfriends name was Mike. He had a hole in his heart (literally, not figuritively)
51. My family thinks I'm bossy.
52. I speak before thinking sometimes and then feel bad for days and days!
53. I drive a Yukon XL Denali and LOVE it!
54. I like gardening but usually kill everything I touch.
55. I am deathly afraid of sharks,mountain lions and bears. Never seen one in the wild but am constantly worried about it when we're out doors biking, hiking, snowshoeing, swimming in the ocean, etc.
56. I was in the Calgary Herald High School Basketball Hall of Fame my Senior year in High School.
57. I was the CO-Sr. Class President my Senior year. (there were two of us)
58. I met my best guy friend in High School when I was 4 year old. We are still friends today.
59. When I was little I was walking to my cousins house down the street when a neighbors dog saw me and started chasing me. It jumped up on my back and knocked me to the ground in the middle of the street, where I scraped up my whole face. I've been a bit scared of dogs ever since.
60. I love walking around Temple Square at Christmas
61. My favorite season is Fall.
62. MAC makeup rocks
63. My favorite shopping partners are Mom, Mindy and Jill, though we've never all shopped together. Now THAT would be FUN!!!
64. I love going on girls trips with my friends.
65. This year we're going to So. Cal to stay in my mom's house and go to the beach and pool for 3 days!! :-)
66. I didn't like babysitting when I was a teenager.
67. Babysitters are my lifesavers now and I feel guilty I didn't babysit more when I was young. I could have helped some mom's keep their sanity had I known how important i was to them.
68. Someday I want to write a book about the things I wish I knew before having children.
69. I just returned from my first trip to Europe a few weeks ago.
70. I can't wait to go back again and again and again.
71. I enjoy a CLEAN house!
72. I enjoy when I don't have to be the one who gets the house clean.
73. To say that I hate doing laundry is an understatement. I DESPISE it!
74. When I work out with my trainer, Smith machine lunges are my least favorite of ALL!! (even more than inch worms and burpees!)
75. I love working with Youth! I've only ever served in YW one time in my entire adult life and it was only for 6 months.
76. My sisters and my mom are my best friends. I laugh with them harder than I do with anyone else. A really funny thing happened a few years ago that was SOOOOO hilarious that we still go into fits of hysterical laughter just thinking about it!! You can read my mom's blog 100 things #94.
77. Scentsy candles have quickly become my favorite thing!
78. I used to watch Oprah religiously but not so much any more!
79. I cry A LOT!
80. Someday I will get the "mommy makeover"
81. I'm a good "birthday" mom, doing fun things and trying to make the day special.
82. I enjoy reading a good book.
83. When I'm in the midst of enjoying a good book I'm good for nothin' cause I get so caught up in wanting to finish the book.
84. I have a Christmas Card rule. If I send you a card for 3 years in a row and don't get one from you or hear from you, I X you off of my list. Sorry!
85. Going to the mailbox in December is one of the things I look most forward to in life!
86. I've done Temple sessions in 12 temples but have a goal to visit every temple someday.
87. I ran a 1/2 marathon and wondered how people run full marathons. It was HARD! But I loved it!
88. I think wind ruins every good day! If its sunny and its windy, blah! If it's snowing and windy, Blah, if its raining and windy, blah blah! I hate wind!
89. I am soooo not up to date on current music.
90. I listen pretty much only to country music.
91. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are my favories! I've been to all 3 of their Soul to Soul tours. One in 2000, one in 2006 and one in 2007. LOVE them!
92. I don't have a problem telling people when they are out of line. I probably should have a problem with it and just learn to keep my mouth shut! Sorry to anyoe I've offended.
93. I like reading People Magazine
94. I love to be surprised
95. I love surprising other people
96. I complain too much about most things
97. I have the most understanding, accepting, funny and loving husband around. He is so fun and always keeps me laughing. He teases me even when i don't want to be teased but I actually love that about him. When we first moved to Colorado my mom, sister Julie, Adam and I were in the kitchen one night hanging out. I was fixing the "greenery" that is on top of my kitchen cabinets while Mom and Julie told me where to put the stuff. Adam walked in and without my knowing, came up right behind me and pants me. With the house being new there were no curtains and there I stood, naked from the waist down, my mom, sister and husband laughing in hysterics. I wanted to punch him but it was too funny. He got me SOOOOOOO good! I'm still trying to figure out how to get him back!
98. I have the sweetest kids, who love me unconditionally, even if I've just yelled at them....yes, I do, occassionally yell at my kids, but try really really hard not to.
99. Going to dinner and a movie is my favorite date night activity with my hubby.
100. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.


Okay, I did it! 100 things about me. Now it's your turn!!

10 comments:

Julie said...

I knew you could do it but I'm quite offended that you didn't mention your sisters and how much you love us. I decided to lump myself in with the one about how much you love your girlfriends and where would you be without them! : )

Lisa said...

Holy cow, how long did it take you to write that? Chris and I read it together and loved it... I will have a Denali someday, I love dinner and a movie dates, I can't wait for my Europe trip... I loved hearing about everything... makes me miss you more!

Louise said...

Mar...you are an incredible person! I've always admired you and more now that I've seen who you've turned out to be! It was fun to read about you! So much I did know and a lot I didn't :-) I really wanna do my 100 now!
Cheers!!

Julie K said...

That was really fun to read, I loved finding out things like you also love SYTYCD. It is our summer fling, me and Pie. I also love labor and abhor pregnancy. My lowest I ever gained was 42, but I know I have you beat by a long shot with 72, being my personal best. Beat that!

Nicole said...

This is so fun to read! I will get to the European vacation tomorrow...I love your list- #97 still makes me laugh and I wasn't even there! Can't wait to go to Europe with you! Love you!

Heather said...

So funny! It was fun to read, there are a number I totally loved, but I am sad you didn't mention that we convinced you that Spaghetti grew on trees. HaHa! Love you.

Lindsay said...

#77 is my personal favorite! Thanks again for having a party! I love your Christmas card rule and getting mail in december is also one of my favorite things! I love the de-pantsing story, hilarious!

Monica said...

Marilee,
Your 100's were fun to read. I enjoyed learning a little more about you. I called Julie your sister about a week ago to tell her about this adhesive for scout badges and I mentioned to her that I thought it might be fun when your family comes to Utah again that we might have a girls time out so that I could meet you. What do you think?

McKenna said...

PE Teacher? I now can see where Annie's sporty side comes from... YOU!

And I really hope that you write a book about what you wish you knew before you had kids. I would definately read it. So you have about 3-4 years to write it, ok.

Tamara said...

i'm so glad you took the time to do that. it was so fun to read and even though i know you well, i still learned a few things (nursing school) and love the pantsing story. i can't believe you haven't gotten Adam back yet.