Sunday, November 11, 2007

Annie's Baptism Day

Adam, Annie, TJ and Jackson outside the Church!

Last Saturday was a very special day for our family as our Annie Girl was baptized along with her cousin, my sister Julie's son, Jackson. Annie was so excited and has been preparing for this day for a long time. She loves to read her scriptures, teach family home evening lessons, and go to church. A few weeks ago as we were in the midst of planning for this special day I said to her, "Annie, you know that you don't HAVE to be baptized. This is your choice and no one else's. So please tell us if you choose not to be baptized." She was so cute as the expression on her face said it all "mom, are you crazy? OF COURSE I want to be baptized!". What she did say was "mom, I choose that I want to be baptized!". We are so proud of her for making such a righteous choice and doing what her Heavenly Father wants her to do! We are so blessed to be her parents and look at her as such an example of choosing the right!

It was so nice to have everyone who could come be here for the Baptism. On Thursday Papa, Gramma, Granddad, Auntie Heather and Tyler arrived. Then on Friday, Julie, TJ and the kids came in. It was so much fun to be with everyone. The baptism was on Saturday evening. Adam baptized Annie and then TJ baptized Jack. Both Annie and Jackson were simply glowing with excitement and joy! I know that they both felt the spirit and will always remember that special day!

As I was helping Annie change back into her dry clothes, she looked at me with sheer happiness and said "Mom, right now I am clean. I have no sins!". What a wonderful blessing it is to be able to be baptized, as the Savior did, be cleansed from our sins and continue to strive to live righteously so we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ someday!
Annie and Adam before the baptism
Jack and Annie (looks like a little prom picture pose! :-)
Annie and Adam dressed in their white Baptism clothes.
We are so proud of our little girl!

The day after the Baptism, Julie's sweet baby Girl, Reece was blessed. I love that little baby girl so much! She is soooooo cute and just so fun to love on! She was a little sad the first day she was there but by the time they left on Monday, she and I were friends! I could have held her all day and am so excited that I get to in a few days when we go to "Cago" for Thanksgiving. The little dress Reece wore for her blessing is the same dress that Annie, Natalie and Brooklynn all wore when they were blessed. Nana made it when Annie was born! I LOVE the dress and love seeing my nieces wearing it! I didn't get a picture of Reece wearing the dress since we had to go back to our ward and by the time I returned she was wearing her Broncos jammies. Check out Heather or Julies' blog's to see how beautiful the dress is!

It was a wonderful weekend! Thank you to everyone, grandmas, grandpas, uncles, aunts, cousins and friends who helped make is so special!

Nana and Granddad with the kids!
Papa and Gramma with the kids!
Nana and I found the suits for the boys on sale buy one get one free! Garett has been wanting to wear a suit to church for quite a while now. He put Spencer's old one a few weeks ago. It doesn't fit Spence anymore, but was huge on Garett. He didn't want to take it off so he ended up wearing it to church! This one fits him so well and all my boys look like little Missionaries!! Garett in particular feels quite swish in his suit!
Annie's friends: Megan, Mady and Sloane

Heather and I being goofballs wearing the light up glasses Papa and Gramma brought for the kids!

Finally, some pics of me playing with little Reecey Roo!

Smiley Girl!!
Baby Kisses! (Auntie Jenny's favorite!!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! She is so cute and I can practically smell her!.....

Heather said...

Cute! It was so much fun! I love you and miss you.

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend!!! Annie looks beautiful. Where did you get her dress? I can't believe Katie's baptism is just six months away... How fun. Can't wait. Have fun in Chicago for Thanksgiving!

Louise said...

How fun to be baptized with your cousin! Kimball was baptized with one of his best buddies. I wasn't to sure about sharing the spotlight, but it turned out awesome. It was such a neat experience and one he will never forget. Your kids will always have a special connection!

Kacey said...

Yeah...I'm so glad you changed your blogger layout. For some reason it wouldn't let me post on your other one and with always having so much to say, it was quite torturous. ;-)
Cute pics! and Congratulations on Annie's baptism!

Lindsay said...

It was a fun weekend! All of your pictures are great. I was lame and only took 3 pictures the entire weekend. Loser!

Knapp family said...

Wow! Is Annie already old enough to get baptised? That means madison is right around the corner.
Congrats Annie! You look great..

Jill

Julie said...

Finally I can comment! It really was a great weekend. Very rejuvinating for me personally. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bonham Family said...

Marilee- You are so cute, I loved looking at your family from Mindy's new and upcoming blog!!! Just wanted to say hi, hope you had fun in Utah! You look great and your family is adorable. Love Jenny McRae Bonham! aka Mind's little sis!