Monday, September 11, 2006
September 11th
When I was a little girl the phrase September 11th had a wonderful, happy and funny meaning to me. It's my cousing Kathy's birthday and she was always soooo funny about reminding me what day her birthday was! My favorite year was when she turned 15 and as she would remind people that September 11th was approaching, they would ask, without fail, how old she was going to be. Her response was "half way to 30"! I laughed every time I heard her answer! Now, 18 years later I am so saddened that the words September 11th don't put the same smile on my face that they did back then. I smile as I think of those I love who have birthdays today, but I also use the day to reflect on that day 5 years ago that changed each of us, forever! It seems strange to me how something that happened 5 years ago can still affect me so much! Each of us have our own stories of where we were on that horrific day! We know exactly where we were, who we were with, who we called and how we felt! We remember every feeling we had! The shock, horror, disbelief, sorrow, sadness, devastation and fear! We still wonder how it could have happened, and we mourn the loss we felt as a nation! As we reflect today, I hope each of us can be reminded of what is really important in this life! Our faith in God, our families and our friends are the things that truely matter in this life! They are the important things! Remember today to make an extra effort to go forward with more determination to love a little deeper, smile a little bigger and offer thanks to Heavenly Father a little more often! Though our world is a scary place, we are so blessed to live where we do and with those we love! Though it's a sad day, it is a good day because it reminds us of what is important and THAT is how we go forward! Happy 33rd Birthday Kath and Happy 6th Birthday Tyler! I Love You!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amen to all of that!
hey mar, kodaly is a music program that runs through mount royal college, he has been in the program for 3 years now, it is signing and music theory instruction.
Isn't it amazing how each time you see the footage all of the feelings come back again? Although it was a horrible day, It does remind me to be better and love deeper each time I see it. Thanks for that!!
Post a Comment